Decorating Ideas

Decorating By jasmin6050 Updated 5 Jan 2015 , 2:56am by kimberly509

jasmin6050 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jasmin6050 Posted 28 Aug 2009 , 5:15pm
post #1 of 10

I need an idea to make a cake for my boyfriends birthday next month. he is into trucks, nascar. I have no idea what to do

9 replies
melmar02 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
melmar02 Posted 28 Aug 2009 , 5:32pm
post #2 of 10

What about a buttercream transfer of his favorite nascar car?

2SchnauzerLady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2SchnauzerLady Posted 28 Aug 2009 , 5:49pm
post #3 of 10

Welcome to cc. Have you ever carved a cake into a car shape - it would help to know what level decorating skills you have. There are a lot of us who haven't done a lot beyond the basic Wilton courses. The other option is to have an edible image made of his favorite nascar star/car to put on a cake. You can get those done at most bakeries.

megmarie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
megmarie Posted 28 Aug 2009 , 6:20pm
post #4 of 10

As a NASCAR fan speeking....

It is essential you find out who his favorite driver is! If you have just started caking (like me icon_lol.gif) one of the easiest things you could do is do a cake the colors of his favorite driver with the car number on the top.

For example:
My fave is Matt Kenseth. His car is yellow and black, so I would do a yellow cake with big black number 17 with a star tip on the top. A lot of drivers have a special 'font' for their numbers so you could do a pattern transfer if you wanted (print off of nascar.com).

Carving a cake is fun too if you have the time to try. Good Luck!!

TLau09 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TLau09 Posted 28 Aug 2009 , 6:34pm
post #5 of 10

If your new at cake decorating an easy thing to do would be to make a round cake and make it like the circle track and go buy his favorite nascar drivers little toy car and put on it!

Good luck!

2SchnauzerLady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2SchnauzerLady Posted 29 Aug 2009 , 12:06am
post #6 of 10

I'll have to remember how important it is to use the person's favorite number - I guess you could inadverdently insult someone with the wrong number - can you tell I'm not a Nascar fan? ;0)

Darthburn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Darthburn Posted 29 Aug 2009 , 12:56am
post #7 of 10

NASCAR fan, huh? How about making the cake a Dunce Cap?

Lol I'm kidding, I'm kidding.

varika Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
varika Posted 29 Aug 2009 , 1:22am
post #8 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by TNTFundraiser

I'll have to remember how important it is to use the person's favorite number - I guess you could inadverdently insult someone with the wrong number - can you tell I'm not a Nascar fan? ;0)

That depends on how you use it--we once got a cake doe my dad that had Jeff Gordon on it, and he HATES Jeff Gordon....but we had the little car put on upside down with little icing flames coming out of it, and he LOVED it! icon_lol.gif

CakeDiosa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeDiosa Posted 30 Aug 2009 , 6:52pm
post #9 of 10

I recently bought Mike Mc Carey's Cakenology DVD it is on 3D cars. I made a practice cake as a Free Cakes for Kid's Cake and it turned out halfway decent for my first try. I HIGHLY recommend his DVD. You'll be glad you did.

I tried to attach the pic but I can't figure it out. You can see the car cake in my gallery. It would'be been better had I used the recommend dense cake recipe and a firmer ganache underneath my fondant.

Good luck!

kimberly509 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kimberly509 Posted 5 Jan 2015 , 2:56am
post #10 of 10

AI work for krogers, in our bakery we have cake showcase. Can someone send me images of ideas that are quick and easy, that would wow my customers.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%