Gumpaste Drying Probem

Decorating By delicity Updated 28 Aug 2009 , 4:50pm by ninatat

delicity Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
delicity Posted 28 Aug 2009 , 2:16pm
post #1 of 2

Hi all
Im making a cake wth burgndy colored roses. I bought the Nicolas lodge gumpaste and tinted it burgundy. Now as I'm trying to make my flowers the gumpaste is not drying so when I place it n foam to roll the petals after rolling it of course, the paste sticks to the foam and I cannot lift it and it does not create the crinlkles that I'm used to for the petals. How does this gumpaste dry, and does anyone have any suggestion for me to make it work. I painted a lot with burgundy,so maybe that's the problem Please help

1 reply
ninatat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ninatat Posted 28 Aug 2009 , 4:50pm
post #2 of 2

did you mean you put alot of burgandy in did you use gel i don't usuall have a problem on how much gel is put in , you should be able to add more sifted con sugar, sounds like to much liquid,are you using a powder bag to dust your pad, and you can go to the sponge after curling and take your ball tool and press in the middle and they will curl more you can also put the con sugar on the sponge pad, one more are you using crisco when kneeding your gum paste? That's it from me, do you think you can mix it with the gum paste recipe with the recipe on the back of the can of gum tex i'll give you a bump

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%