Description Of Pics In The Gallery

Decorating By DeeDelightful Updated 27 Aug 2009 , 8:22pm by nickymom

DeeDelightful Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DeeDelightful Posted 27 Aug 2009 , 6:50pm
post #1 of 13

Does anyone else desire to know more about the cake pictures posted in the gallery? I'd like to know pan sizes, flavor combinations, and type of icing/fondant used, rather than saying round, pink buttercream, when the cake is obviously pink and round. I do enjoy the stories behind some of the cakes, also: who it was for, occassion, troubles/joys of making it. Thanks.

12 replies
Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 27 Aug 2009 , 6:58pm
post #2 of 13

You can always send someone a PM and ask them about the details of the cake. Most people love to talk about their creations.

I like to read descriptions like you're talking about, but you'll probably discover that many people don't. A lot of them are looking for ideas they can use and that's it.

SJ169 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SJ169 Posted 27 Aug 2009 , 7:11pm
post #3 of 13

I also love to read descriptions of the cakes! I am sure many people are not that interested in them but i love to know all about it icon_smile.gif

veronica720 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
veronica720 Posted 27 Aug 2009 , 7:11pm
post #4 of 13

I always read the description, it usually makes me like the cake even more. Yes it would be nice for more details, I have sent a number of PM's asking questions and most are very helpful and friendly.

Price Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Price Posted 27 Aug 2009 , 7:12pm
post #5 of 13

I agree with Texas_Rose. I enjoy reading the descriptions and the ins and outs, but I know most people are busy, and just don't take the time to type a long description.

I don't mind at all if someone is interested in one of my cakes and wants to pm me with questions. I have received lots of help and answers to my questions on here, so I certainly don't mind giving tips in return! icon_smile.gif

__Jamie__ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
__Jamie__ Posted 27 Aug 2009 , 7:13pm
post #6 of 13

Send them a PM. Yep, I don't care much for descriptions. It matters not to me whether the cake is chocolate or snozzberry, I'm checking out the craftsmanship and detail work.

DeeDelightful Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DeeDelightful Posted 27 Aug 2009 , 7:28pm
post #7 of 13

Thanks. I have had lots of success whenever i PM'd someone...lots of nice CC'ers who don't mind sharing.

Frecklysmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Frecklysmom Posted 27 Aug 2009 , 7:31pm
post #8 of 13

As a Newbie, I find the descriptions extremely helpful. There are so many things I am learning from all of you and the descriptions really are nice to have.

colleenant Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
colleenant Posted 27 Aug 2009 , 7:40pm
post #9 of 13

I agree. I wish all the cake pics had insturctions/directions with it. I come on here to get ideas for my next cake and if it's something i've never done before a little description would go a long way.

icer101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icer101 Posted 27 Aug 2009 , 7:48pm
post #10 of 13

i don,t care what is is made of,etc.. just a short info on the decoration part. just a little something..

heathandhail Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
heathandhail Posted 27 Aug 2009 , 7:58pm
post #11 of 13

I also like a little construction info with the cake...But it's great to know that so many of you are willing to kindly answer pm's about your cakes construction!

dsilbern Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dsilbern Posted 27 Aug 2009 , 8:06pm
post #12 of 13

So funny how folks are different. I like to know every little detail and enjoy making the cake as much as decorating it. My sister could care less about the baking/filling - she just likes decorating. She wishes all cakes could be dummies.

nickymom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nickymom Posted 27 Aug 2009 , 8:22pm
post #13 of 13

Yes, I love reading the descriptions too. I love the "back story"...and also love reading what cake flavor combos were used...that gives me ideas too. Like recently I read about a hot cocoa cake recipe was used in someones descriptions and recently read in the description how the cake being showed was taken to a cancer patient etc...it touched my heart to read that description......so yeh, I love reading the description and wish more people would include one.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%