I Need Help With 3D Sports Ball Cake...

Decorating By AMC2006 Updated 27 Aug 2009 , 6:36pm by AMC2006

AMC2006 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AMC2006 Posted 27 Aug 2009 , 4:36pm
post #1 of 5

Last night I baked this cake and for the life of me I could not get the cake to cook completely. I cooked it forever and it was still mushy in the middle. This cake is part of a wedding cake that I am delivering on Saturday so i am desperate to figure out what works best to get this done. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to get this to cook all the way through?

I need help!! Thank you in advance for your advice!!

Amber icon_biggrin.gif

4 replies
cupcakemkr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cupcakemkr Posted 27 Aug 2009 , 4:48pm
post #2 of 5

place a flower nail in the bottom and cook at a lower temp for a longer period of time. when I used my batter bowl to bake a cake it took forever, almost 90 minutes for it to cook all the way through.

Malakin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Malakin Posted 27 Aug 2009 , 5:16pm
post #3 of 5

It always takes me a lot longer time, usually 20-30 min. more.

CutiePieCakes-Ontario Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CutiePieCakes-Ontario Posted 27 Aug 2009 , 5:53pm
post #4 of 5

I feel your pain. I have made 3 of the large 1/2 soccer ball cakes. I use a baking core rather than a flower nail (personal preference). If you go this way, just remember to let the cake cool completely before removing the core - or it will fall into 4 equal parts and be good for only triffle. (Batter inside the core, then once it's cooled, push cake out of the core and back into the hole it created.)

AMC2006 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AMC2006 Posted 27 Aug 2009 , 6:36pm
post #5 of 5

Being that it is rounded at the bottom of the pan, will cake batter go underneath the flower nail? And if this does happen then how do I get the flower nail out without destroying the cake structure? i do not have a baking core and am not really sure that I have ever saw one of those...

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%