Can Cakes Be Shipped?

Decorating By Mommy2ThreeBoys Updated 27 Aug 2009 , 10:47pm by SweetArt

Mommy2ThreeBoys Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mommy2ThreeBoys Posted 27 Aug 2009 , 5:14am
post #1 of 3

I was wondering if there is an easy safe way to ship a cake. I live in IL and my best friend lives in OK, just because she loves loves loves chocolate, and she's been kind of down lately I just wanted to send her a nice pick me up just for her. Thanks in advance for any advice you can give me! icon_wink.gif

2 replies
prterrell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
prterrell Posted 27 Aug 2009 , 7:39am
post #2 of 3

I've shipped cookies, but never cake. I've heard of it being done before, but I'd be scared of trying it.

SweetArt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetArt Posted 27 Aug 2009 , 10:47pm
post #3 of 3

I shipped a cake from Nebraska to Oregon a couple years ago. It was a fondant covered cake. I froze it and put it in a tight fitting box (each tier separately). I placed them in a larger box lined with egg create foam, and surrounded the boxes with ice packs. Taped it up and put and 8x10 photo of the cake on the outside of the box. I shipped it 2 days, but could have done 3 or priority which is 2-4 days. It's the cake in my photos with the gold 50 on the front. It arrived with almost no damage. Just the 50 was a little squished. I did not ship it with the topper on though, I brought that separately. The cake met me in Oregon where I assembled it.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%