Edible Ink Questions....

Decorating By cakefreak92 Updated 28 Aug 2009 , 5:17am by cakefreak92

cakefreak92 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakefreak92 Posted 27 Aug 2009 , 1:11am
post #1 of 5

where can I find out some specific questions about edible ink? like how long does it stay fresh in a computer? I have a small in home cake bus. and do about 2-3 cakes a week, so will the ink dry up or clog if I am only using it that much? does the ink stay in the printer all the time and what kind of precautions should you take to maintain it's sanitariness? sorry about the spelling.All the printer sites just tell me about the printer and the kinds of inks they sell, where can I find out more about the how to's? Oh, and can you put buttercream overtop of the edible image? Thanks:O)

4 replies
gloria Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gloria Posted 27 Aug 2009 , 5:31am
post #2 of 5

- do not keep your ink containers in your printer. Remove them when done and place a piece of tape on the hole.
- But make sure that there is always an old ink container so that the printer doesn't crust/dry up.
- If your pic doesn't come out with the correct colours check the roller first to ensure there is nothing on it - if so, wipe it clean.
- can't think of anything else right now - hope this helps

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 27 Aug 2009 , 6:40pm
post #3 of 5

I don't have an edible printer yet - but this is a great thread. So - I'm saving it!

Thanks!

tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 27 Aug 2009 , 7:51pm
post #4 of 5

I have an epson printer and I leave my cartridges in the printer. I try to print something every couple of weeks (even if it's just on paper) and haven't had any problems.

cakefreak92 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakefreak92 Posted 28 Aug 2009 , 5:17am
post #5 of 5

Thank you so much!!!!:O)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%