Ok To Put Cupcakes In Fridge To Keep Fresh Or Not?

Decorating By meredith1851 Updated 25 Aug 2009 , 2:18pm by Win

meredith1851 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
meredith1851 Posted 25 Aug 2009 , 2:06pm
post #1 of 2

My husband and I are having a debate about this. It has been a very hot humid summer here in the Northeast and we have AC but not through the whole house and it gets shut off at nite. I make cupcakes that don't require the fridge, but in order for them to stay fresh and keep the icing from getting droopy, I want to put some in the fridge. The hubby does not think this is a good idea and that will change the whole taste of the cupcake. Any thoughts on this?

1 reply
Win Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Win Posted 25 Aug 2009 , 2:18pm
post #2 of 2

I have a fridge that holds only cakes. I never worry about them picking up odors from other items that way. If yours is a "family fridge" then, yes, I'd worry that they could pick up an odor - even overnight. If it is separate, I don't see why you can't chill them if they are well covered. When you bring them out, simply allow them to come back to room them inside their box so the condensation is absorbed by the cardboard. Otherwise, because of time issues, I often bake my cupcakes one day, freeze them, thaw them and frost. They stay moist and wonderful. It's something you will have to personally experiment with...

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%