Beginner - Want To Learn To Make Gum Paste Flowers

Decorating By Sandi2009 Updated 25 Aug 2009 , 1:40am by tonedna

Sandi2009 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sandi2009 Posted 25 Aug 2009 , 1:09am
post #1 of 7

I am brand new to the site and I think I posted my question in the wrong forum. I did get some good information from my post in the general forum, but the more information the better. Does anyone know of any gum paste flower classes in Wisconsin or neighboring states? It has been suggested that I check into Wilton classes at Michael's, but just wondering if that is my only option. Thanks

6 replies
Bonnell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bonnell Posted 25 Aug 2009 , 1:13am
post #2 of 7

Check out YouTube, tutorials on this site, and also there is a site called "Caring and Sharing" that has LOTS of tutorials on it. I have invested in several DVD's and really like them because you can go back and view them several times.

DDiva Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DDiva Posted 25 Aug 2009 , 1:22am
post #3 of 7

Sandi, I don't know where you are but I teach 3 gumpaste classes. My shop is in High Point NC. If this is convenient for you let me know. I'll be happy to get you scheduled.

josumiko Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
josumiko Posted 25 Aug 2009 , 1:23am
post #4 of 7

tonedna has great tutorials on youtube!

Malakin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Malakin Posted 25 Aug 2009 , 1:24am
post #5 of 7

I live in a rural area with no classes. I've tried books but they just didn't work. My daughter bought me videos on gumpaste techniques and they helped a lot. I could stop, start, and review them. A lot cheaper then some of the really expensive classes even though they are worth it.

Sandi2009 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sandi2009 Posted 25 Aug 2009 , 1:37am
post #6 of 7

I live in Wisconsin and according to my husband you are about 16 hours away. That is an approximate guess on his part. I really wish you were a little closer because I learn better with hands on training. I think it is going to be hard to find a class in the Midwest, but I will keep trying. Thanks so much for your input.

tonedna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tonedna Posted 25 Aug 2009 , 1:40am
post #7 of 7

I have a few tutorials on basic flowers for beginners in youtube..Here is the link!

Edna icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%