Cheese Cake/cake Recipe

Baking By LeeBD Updated 26 Aug 2009 , 12:53pm by radtech

LeeBD Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LeeBD Posted 24 Aug 2009 , 8:42pm
post #1 of 4

I'm looking for a recipe for a chocolate cake that has cheese cake between the 2 layers. Anyone have or heard of such a recipe? I have had something similar from a bakery in Connecticut and also from a restaurant there. thanks

3 replies
Gingoodies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Gingoodies Posted 25 Aug 2009 , 1:46pm
post #2 of 4

I have seen this also. As far as I can tell, it is pretty straight forward. Two layers of a good chocolate cake, and a baked cheesecake layer in between. I would use your favorite cheese cake recipe, if you have one, and only make my cake about 1 1/2 inches high. Basically half a cheesecake. Put your layers together with a little chocolate butter cream and cover the outside with chocolate BC. You could even add ganache for a truly decadent cake. OMGoodness. I am craving this now! icon_surprised.gifthumbs_up.gif

LeeBD Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LeeBD Posted 26 Aug 2009 , 12:18pm
post #3 of 4

Thanks Ginny...I thought to do that but it just seemed too simple, I figured there had to be more to it. But I will give it a shot.

radtech Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
radtech Posted 26 Aug 2009 , 12:53pm
post #4 of 4

If you want something simple- use the cheesecake portion of one of the boxed cheesecakes in the baking aisle of you grocery store. Just make the cheesecake filling (I used heavy cream) and when it stiffens up some, spread onto the cake. I made it for 2 cakes recenetly and got rave reviews. I also used rasperry jam along with the cheesecake!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%