Need Help To Understand Laws In Arizona. Help!

Business By AuntieAnn17 Updated 24 Aug 2009 , 5:10pm by AuntieAnn17

AuntieAnn17 Posted 24 Aug 2009 , 4:48pm
post #1 of 3

I have just started to read the laws involved with cake decorating in AZ. I see it is the same as most states that you need a separate area to bake from your family living area. My question is I know of a cake decorator in my city that is licenced throught my city to bake and sell cakes ( looked it up, not just taking her word,it is true.) She uses her kitchen. So, can the cities decide who can be licenced or the state? I live in Pinal county, not Maricopa ( if that makes a difference). Can some people who live and work in AZ please let me know what they do?? I want to be legal.

2 replies
jillmakescakes Posted 24 Aug 2009 , 4:58pm
post #2 of 3

My advice would be to call her and ask how she got approved. Just off the top of my head, maybe her approval was "grandfathered", meaning she had approval before they changed the laws and the city decided to let her continue. Maybe she has a separate space in her main kitchen, maybe she makes free cakes for the entire city-council, it could be ANYTHING.

AuntieAnn17 Posted 24 Aug 2009 , 5:10pm
post #3 of 3

Free cakes is it!! LOL! I live in a city of under 30,000, so maybe they did "grandfather" her in. I am going to call the city and ask how I can get approvedicon_smile.gif It can't hurt to try. I thought maybe AZ was one of those states that lets the city decide.

Quote by @%username% on %date%