Student Job Cake Ideas...please!

Decorating By Kerry_Kake Updated 4 Sep 2009 , 12:58pm by Kerry_Kake

Kerry_Kake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kerry_Kake Posted 24 Aug 2009 , 2:15pm
post #1 of 10

A women would like me to make a cake for a student that has worked in their office for the summer. She is 18 and will be going to University. The women asked for an office theme but I am stumped, she also said I could go with a school theme if I can't come up with anything. It is for a small group of maybe 10 people.
Can anyone come up with something easy for me?
PS. I have an edible image printer but I can't find any images to put on the cake either icon_sad.gif

9 replies
ddaigle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ddaigle Posted 24 Aug 2009 , 2:28pm
post #2 of 10

Usually young students are very proud of their university. I would definatlely go for the school theme instead of the office theme. What university is she going to attend? You could put the university logo or mascot on an edible image and put on a single round cake since you don't need a lot of servings.

letsgetcaking Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
letsgetcaking Posted 26 Aug 2009 , 3:57pm
post #3 of 10

I think this cake by Janieltilda is pretty cool. You could add "We'll Miss You in The Office." If you wanted more detail, you could add the school logo to the briefcase and a tear on the cheek of the figure behind the desk. icon_biggrin.gif
LL

Kerry_Kake Posted 26 Aug 2009 , 4:25pm
post #4 of 10

Thank you for the ideas! I asked if she wanted the school logo on a 8" round cake but I guess she wanted more of a special cake. So I am going to do the 3D desk cake. I baked a 10" cake and I will cut it in half and stack it to make a desk shape. I haven't decided if I should make a girl gumpaste figure yet to go with it, lol. I'm not very good at faces.

letsgetcaking Posted 26 Aug 2009 , 4:49pm
post #5 of 10

A 3-D desk sounds really cool! I hope you can post a photo. I can't wait to see it!

LittleLinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LittleLinda Posted 26 Aug 2009 , 11:14pm
post #6 of 10

I hope you will also most some pieces for on top of the desk such as a phone, coffee mug, paper, envelopes, pens, or a pencil cup, keyboard, mouse, and monitor, books ... whatever you can think of.

CrazyBaker28 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CrazyBaker28 Posted 27 Aug 2009 , 9:56pm
post #7 of 10

Try writing something like "From the desk to the dormitory" on top of the cake and maybe "Good luck!" or "Well wishes!" on the board.

Kerry_Kake Posted 4 Sep 2009 , 1:30am
post #8 of 10

Thank you everyone for your thoughts. I didn't make a gumpaste person to go with it although my 4 yr old thought I should, lol.
Here is the link to the finished product if you interested.

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1452871

letsgetcaking Posted 4 Sep 2009 , 2:41am
post #9 of 10

Wow! I LOOOOOOOOOVE it! I've tried to imagine what a desk cake would look like, but yours looks so much better than the one in my head. icon_lol.gif Great job! thumbs_up.gif

Kerry_Kake Posted 4 Sep 2009 , 12:58pm
post #10 of 10

Thanks letsgetcaking! icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%