Congratulations Cake, Help!

Decorating By sugarlicious Updated 23 Aug 2009 , 5:02pm by Kandy4283

sugarlicious Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarlicious Posted 23 Aug 2009 , 4:07pm
post #1 of 5

My son is getting married September 12th and just asked me if I would make a cake for the gift opening the day after the wedding at brides parents house, will be friends and family, not sure yet how many. I am blank on what to make! If I should make a tier cake, how many tiers, sheet cake, large round, large square, how to decorate it, buttercream or fondant, fondant decorations........please, please anyone have any ideas???? icon_cry.gif

4 replies
Skirt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Skirt Posted 23 Aug 2009 , 4:19pm
post #2 of 5

You need to know how many people will be there. Then ou can decide on how much cake to make... Does his wedding have a theme? You could borrow from that. Or you could make a fall themed cake with fall colors and leaves. HTH icon_smile.gif

KristyCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KristyCakes Posted 23 Aug 2009 , 4:42pm
post #3 of 5

How about a simple fondant covered round cake with a satin ribbon wrap. You could put fresh flowers on top - the same ones from their wedding. I don't think I'd make a tier cake, just a large round cake seems appropriate for such a gathering. Good luck.

sugarlicious Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarlicious Posted 23 Aug 2009 , 4:50pm
post #4 of 5

Yes they are going with Fall themed wedding, I was thinking maybe a large round or square with fall leaves and their pic and congratulations on top with maybe a satin bow on the side? What do you think, I will have to find out how many will be there for sure, thanks for your ideas icon_biggrin.gif

Kandy4283 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kandy4283 Posted 23 Aug 2009 , 5:02pm
post #5 of 5

That sounds like a great idea! Take it and run!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%