Is This Possible? Re: Wondermold Pan

Decorating By fruitsnack Updated 23 Aug 2009 , 12:51am by tesh_diggins

fruitsnack Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fruitsnack Posted 22 Aug 2009 , 10:42am
post #1 of 6

I'm going to be making a tea cup cake in November. I know that the wondermold pan is meant to be flipped over so that the bigger side is on the board. Has anyone ever tried to keep the smaller side on the board? Do you think the cake would collapse? I'm going to be using CakeMan Raven's red velvet cake, and I've never used it before - so I don't know if that's dense enough or not. Also, do you think I could torte it and fill it - she wants cream cheese filling.

Thanks!

5 replies
Caths_Cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Caths_Cakes Posted 22 Aug 2009 , 11:07am
post #2 of 6

wish i could give you some advice on this. just a bump. hopefully some one whos more experienced with the wondermold pan will come to your help x

myslady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
myslady Posted 22 Aug 2009 , 9:53pm
post #3 of 6

I used it to make an apple and flipped it over without any problems.

I haven't tried it with the recipe you are referring to but I did use a scratch recipe for the apple.

tesh_diggins Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tesh_diggins Posted 22 Aug 2009 , 10:07pm
post #4 of 6

I haven't used the wondermold pan, but The Cake Man Raven's red velvet cake is the only one that I make. I fear that it may not be dense enough, because it is a pretty light cake. Its always worth a shot, and if it doesn't work, you'll have some pretty awesome cake balls.

HTH

adonisthegreek1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adonisthegreek1 Posted 22 Aug 2009 , 10:41pm
post #5 of 6

I'm not sure about the wonder mold, but I want to know more about the cakeman's recipe. I found it about 6 months ago and never used it: http://www.cakemanraven.com/recipe.htm I had been using one from a southern cookbook that makes a really dense, but moist cake. I was wondering what his was like.

tesh_diggins Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tesh_diggins Posted 23 Aug 2009 , 12:51am
post #6 of 6

IMO, The CakeMan's recipe isn't as heavy as most other red velvet recipes. It also has very little cocoa powder, unlike most recipes. My co-workers and I think that it tastes great (somehow, I end up making one at least once a month for them).

HTH
Tesh icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%