How Long Should This Take???please Help

Decorating By sweetcakesbydesign Updated 22 Aug 2009 , 3:25am by adree313

sweetcakesbydesign Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetcakesbydesign Posted 21 Aug 2009 , 11:48pm
post #1 of 5

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I just made a chocolate ganach recipe(I want it whipped):

9 oz. chocolate chips
16 oz. heavy whipping cream

I boiled the HWC and poured it over the chocolate and mixed it with my KA mixer. I placed in plastic bowl and covered it in saran wrap . How long should i put in it the fridge for to make it whip when it's done chilling.

TIA

4 replies
adree313 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adree313 Posted 22 Aug 2009 , 12:00am
post #2 of 5

that seems like a really high ratio of cream to chocolate (as in it won't get very firm) but i could be wrong! i'm no pro by any means. when i do ganache i usually do around 1 cup of cream to 18 oz. of chocolate chips. to speed up the firming process i put it in the fridge but only for about... 30-45 minutes at most. it seems to firm up fairly quickly for me. hope this helps. but i hope some pros come on and give their advice. i'd rely on theirs more than mine! icon_smile.gif

prterrell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
prterrell Posted 22 Aug 2009 , 1:06am
post #3 of 5

If she were making regular ganache, then, yes, the ratio of cream to chocolate would be too high, but she's making whipped ganache, which is more like chocolate whipped cream.

I can't give an exact time for the chill process. It could take a couple of hours or overnight. I generally chill mine overnight just because it's easier to make the mixture one day and whip it the next. If you need to chill it faster, put it in a larger container. The more surface area and the thinner the mixture is spread out the faster it will chill.

sweetcakesbydesign Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetcakesbydesign Posted 22 Aug 2009 , 2:51am
post #4 of 5

Thanks so much...you just saved me

adree313 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adree313 Posted 22 Aug 2009 , 3:25am
post #5 of 5

oh ok thanks for the clarification between the two!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%