What's The Shelf-Life Of Mff?

Decorating By SpringFlour Updated 22 Aug 2009 , 5:55am by madgeowens

SpringFlour Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SpringFlour Posted 21 Aug 2009 , 3:41am
post #1 of 7

I REALLY don't want to make a new batch of fondant tonight. And I really don't want to make anyone sick. icon_lol.gif How long have you stored Michele Foster's fondant? Mine's a few months old, wrapped well, kept at room temp. It feels right, looks right and tastes right. Is it OK to use?

6 replies
madgeowens Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
madgeowens Posted 21 Aug 2009 , 3:54am
post #2 of 7

well if it didnt make you sick.....when ya tasted it...I think I read several months in here....hopefully someone with the knowledge will tell us

SpringFlour Posted 21 Aug 2009 , 4:45am
post #3 of 7

If I was going to cover the whole cake with it, I would make a new batch, but I'm mostly using it for accents. I am covering one tier of the cake with it, just not the whole cake.

madgeowens Posted 21 Aug 2009 , 6:27am
post #4 of 7

Yes thats pretty much what I do also. Make a new batch to cover the cake and use left over to color for accent decorations. I think it lasts pretty long, I wish someone would answer you.

SpringFlour Posted 21 Aug 2009 , 7:25am
post #5 of 7

Thanks, Madge. icon_smile.gif

xstitcher Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
xstitcher Posted 21 Aug 2009 , 7:46am
post #6 of 7

Here is a link Michele posted with FAQ's for her fondant:

http://cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-625727-michele.html+foster+information

She says it has at least one month shelf life at room temp and if you need to store it for longer to do so in the freezer.

HTH!

Edited for typos!

madgeowens Posted 22 Aug 2009 , 5:55am
post #7 of 7

I usually save unused scraps for practice dummies. But I better start dating this stuff icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%