Cake Help.

Decorating By pamela82 Updated 20 Aug 2009 , 9:52am by -K8memphis

pamela82 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pamela82 Posted 20 Aug 2009 , 8:45am
post #1 of 3

Grrrrrrrrr i left it to late to do 2 cakes i got to do a 2 tired princesse cake which is fine cause i worked that one out from the day i was asked. the other is a boys football themaed cake. He likes a football team which dont have much stuff to decorate cakes with. All i could get was a football. I dont want to let my nepfew down as his mates are all over happy he will have a cake like this. its all their fav team and its the under 8's team he plays for. His mums a single mum and i told her i would do the cakes as she said she would not have any cause she could not pay for them. Great aunty i am i steped in and said i would do it for them.

Now i have gone with a 20cm x 20cm square cake which will be done in fundant. he also wanted a 2 tired cake but his mum said it may be to much cake cause their is not many going. So asked if one could have a single cake. So i thought if i did a square cake and added the footy ontop do you think that would look funny or would it be ok. its not a cake so its not like their is going to be heaps but its something he can paly with later?

2 replies
pamela82 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pamela82 Posted 20 Aug 2009 , 9:13am
post #2 of 3

Also i been trying to find a photo using a real ball ontop of a cake but have not been able to see on yet

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 20 Aug 2009 , 9:52am
post #3 of 3

That's hard for me to figure out --it's such a subjective thing.

By football do you mean soccer?

I'm sure your nephew will love the cake his auntie makes for him!

I don't know what if you cut the corners off and stuck them together and made a kicking stand for the ball?? Which could also be considered the second tier.

Here's some soccer (football?) cakes --they're not mine but theres some pretty cool ideas

http://www.coolest-birthday-cakes.com/soccer-cake.html

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%