Have You Used Aine2's Tutorials?

Decorating By luminajd Updated 20 Aug 2009 , 6:05pm by nannie

luminajd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luminajd Posted 19 Aug 2009 , 4:46pm
post #1 of 23

I am considering purchasing the baby topper tutorial but would like to hear a little more feedback first
Edited to say I have watched her youtube tutorials but am wanting to do a person, not an animal

22 replies
tiggerjo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggerjo Posted 19 Aug 2009 , 5:04pm
post #2 of 23

I have and it is worth it. thumbs_up.gif

markiesjules Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
markiesjules Posted 19 Aug 2009 , 5:19pm
post #3 of 23

Absolutely worth every penny and more!!!! Her tutorials are fantastic icon_biggrin.gif

tanyascakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tanyascakes Posted 19 Aug 2009 , 5:26pm
post #4 of 23

These are totally worth it. I haven't used them for clients yet. Just did a little playing around when I got them. I am more of a visual learner. Lucky me I get to go meet her in person this weekend in Texas while I take the bride and groom class!!!! I am super excited. She is the best figure maker out there!!!

CookieMeister Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CookieMeister Posted 19 Aug 2009 , 5:48pm
post #5 of 23

She is AWESOME. Well worth it.

ngfcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ngfcake Posted 19 Aug 2009 , 5:50pm
post #6 of 23

I love her tutorials!!

Lee15 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lee15 Posted 20 Aug 2009 , 12:25pm
post #7 of 23

They are worth it. Here tutorials are easy to follow and the photos are clear - creates a good visual to go with her instructions.

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 20 Aug 2009 , 12:34pm
post #8 of 23

Are the tutorials video's? Or are they like a powerpoint presentation on the computer or on paper?

I found a free one once and it was wonderful. It was like a powerpoint presentation and I loved it.

Thanks!

anabelz01 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
anabelz01 Posted 20 Aug 2009 , 1:14pm
post #9 of 23

Yeah I have a couple of them and they are power point presentations, really useful.... even though not used them yet!

And tanyascakes.. do let me know how the class goes this weekend... I am going to her London Bride and Groom class in October! Any hints or tips would be very useful! icon_smile.gif

nickymom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nickymom Posted 20 Aug 2009 , 1:38pm
post #10 of 23

I've only ordered one -I haven't worked through it yet as I'm a chicken ...I bought all the listed supplies and everyhting but just feel "scared" to try....sounds silly I KNOW! The one I bought is the female sitting down and it's done with pictures & w/ text step-by-step instructions. (not power point)

anabelz01 Posted 20 Aug 2009 , 1:43pm
post #11 of 23

Opps maybe i was wrong then.. lol i could enlarge mine tho like you can in power point which must be where I got confused... !

Relznik Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Relznik Posted 20 Aug 2009 , 1:45pm
post #12 of 23

Oh Lorraine's tutorials are just fantastic!!

Here's a link to a cake I made a while ago (forgot to upload the pic until I saw this message thread, though).

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1441061&sub=1441063&done=1

I can't wait until October... I'm doing a two day bride and groom workshop with Lorraine!!!!!

Suzanne x

anabelz01 Posted 20 Aug 2009 , 2:04pm
post #13 of 23

Relznik.. is that the London one cos I'm going to that one too! I can't wait! Have you been to one of her tutorials before? Anna

Relznik Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Relznik Posted 20 Aug 2009 , 2:24pm
post #14 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by anabelz01

Relznik.. is that the London one cos I'm going to that one too! I can't wait! Have you been to one of her tutorials before? Anna

Yes it is! icon_biggrin.gif

Where in Essex are you? I'm in Ilford.

I went to the workshop she did with Debbie Brown earlier this year. It was brilliant... You'll love Lorraine...

dinie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dinie Posted 20 Aug 2009 , 2:28pm
post #15 of 23

They are great it is so helpful to be able to have your computer sitting right by you to be able to have her instructions right there as you are doing your pieces. I had order 3 and you get the 4th one for free, I need to order the newest one that she has of just faces.

anabelz01 Posted 20 Aug 2009 , 2:32pm
post #16 of 23

Oh fab.. I did see the one with Debbie advertised but sadly it was too late to go!

I'm from Colchester, originally from Braintree, so glad to have found someone else who's going! I'm really looking forward to it, so glad she has found a good venue down this way! I bought some of the tutorials just to have a go before hand, i'm no good at faces but really want to get to grips with making a bride and groom.

nannie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nannie Posted 20 Aug 2009 , 3:40pm
post #17 of 23

I agree with dinie

I set up my computer on the table next to me and start, stop, rewind and pause as needed.

I'd start with the baby topper (the one with the blanket) after all you hide the body under the blanket. icon_lol.gif

I think for the price, they are the best ones around

just play around with it, such fun

tanyascakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tanyascakes Posted 20 Aug 2009 , 4:04pm
post #18 of 23

Hey, Anabelz01, I sure will let you know about it. I am jumping out of my seat right now for the weekend!!! I have been hearing fabulous things about Lorraine for a long time now. I am just too pumped up for words to explain. But if she gives me any tips to pass on I will surely do that. I did buy 3 tutorials and got one for free. But like someone else said, I was too chicken to try them on m own. But I think I will be cranking them out when I get back after this time!!!

veronica720 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
veronica720 Posted 20 Aug 2009 , 4:19pm
post #19 of 23

I bought the 'girl reading' yesterday and will be starting it today. It is pics and text, not video. She makes it look so easy.
I want to buy the faces one next. Can't wait.

luminajd Posted 20 Aug 2009 , 5:39pm
post #20 of 23

Okay, I am sold. I bought some Wilton fondant (yuck, I know, but I figured since I wouldnt be eating it) and made this is about an hour today. I watched part 1 and 2 on Youtube twice each. I dont have a little paintbrush or the tool to open the mouth, so the puppy doesnt look as good as he could, plus I was rushing while my baby was sleeping. But considering my 3 year old came over and said "You have a puppy!", went and got her stuffed Scooby Doo and said "I have mommy Scooby and you have a baby Scooby", I consider it a success. I will be ordering stuff from her site to make a baby girl for my youngest daughter's birthday cake next month. Thanks Aine2 for the Youtube videos, you are AWESOME!

Image[/img]

luminajd Posted 20 Aug 2009 , 5:45pm
post #21 of 23

Relznik, I forgot to tell you your lady is GREAT! Was she your first modeled person?

Misdawn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Misdawn Posted 20 Aug 2009 , 6:00pm
post #22 of 23

WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!! I am only a four-hour drive away from her workshop in Texas this weekend and I can't go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

nannie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nannie Posted 20 Aug 2009 , 6:05pm
post #23 of 23

aww out of the mouth of babes icon_lol.gif

your pup is sweet and he does look like Scooby

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%