How Do I Tweak Sams Club Icing?

Decorating By mistymamas Updated 18 Aug 2009 , 11:47pm by hollynme2

mistymamas Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mistymamas Posted 18 Aug 2009 , 8:34pm
post #1 of 10

I want to add flavors to make it taste more like indebis icing and it seems like it is SO thick when I frost cakes iwth it. icon_sad.gif I wonder if some creme bouquet and more vanilla would help?

9 replies
cakesbycathy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesbycathy Posted 18 Aug 2009 , 9:05pm
post #2 of 10

Why don't you just make Indydebi's icing? icon_confused.gif

Uniqueask Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Uniqueask Posted 18 Aug 2009 , 9:14pm
post #3 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by cakesbycathy

Why don't you just make Indydebi's icing? icon_confused.gif

My sentiments excatly

DeeDelightful Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DeeDelightful Posted 18 Aug 2009 , 9:16pm
post #4 of 10

Yeah, make Indydebis if that's the flavor you want...BUT, if you want to tweak Sam's icing, creme bouquet will work, but it still maintains it's original flavor pretty much....a lot of people tend to like it and it is convenient.

mistymamas Posted 18 Aug 2009 , 9:24pm
post #5 of 10

I have a whole bucket of sams icing, thats why!

DeeDelightful Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DeeDelightful Posted 18 Aug 2009 , 9:28pm
post #6 of 10

Yeah, I've had one, too. You can take out the amount you think you need, and add as much of any flavor as you want...it will improve it, but you never quite get rid of that flavor that it has, but that's not necessarily a bad thing, just a matter of taste. Almond and creme bouquet have the strongest effect on it though, or a combination of the two. Vanilla doesn't do much for it. Maybe a rum flavor...not that any of these will make it Indydebi's, because it will never taste like that. I have mixed it with a block of cream cheese for a quick cream cheese icing or thin it a tiny bit with milk or liquid coffee creamer.

OhMyGanache Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
OhMyGanache Posted 18 Aug 2009 , 9:33pm
post #7 of 10

You can mix some Pastry Pride (or Rich's Bettercream) in with it, and it will lighten up the icing and make it not so sweet - as well as much easier to work with. This is what I use to ice dummy cakes.

ALR1955 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ALR1955 Posted 18 Aug 2009 , 9:54pm
post #8 of 10

What is the cost of the icing from SAMS?

mistymamas Posted 18 Aug 2009 , 10:31pm
post #9 of 10

Okay, thanks for the info girls. I do like the flavor of sams, I just prefer the other, thats all. Once I use sams up, I plan to make a bunch of batches of indidebis and store in the same bucket. Im sure it will hold up a month or two, right?

hollynme2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hollynme2 Posted 18 Aug 2009 , 11:47pm
post #10 of 10

I have mixed the Sam's Club icing with SMBC or IMBC and it comes out great! People have loved it when I add raspberry torani syrup to it as well.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%