Spongebob Cake..

Decorating By pinkcupcake512 Updated 1 Sep 2009 , 2:46pm by MrCake01

pinkcupcake512 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pinkcupcake512 Posted 18 Aug 2009 , 6:04pm
post #1 of 9

Hello:

I would like to make a spongebob cake for my son's 4th birthday..he's a HUGE spongebob fan....but I've never done this.. icon_confused.gif

I would like to decorate it with fondant....

any suggestions will be appreciated..

thank you!

8 replies
pinkcupcake512 Posted 18 Aug 2009 , 6:12pm
post #2 of 9

I didn't realize someone had posted help for a spongebob cake...

but I would really appreciate is someone post any suggestions on how to make the legs and arms...

thank you!

shelly-101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shelly-101 Posted 18 Aug 2009 , 6:15pm
post #3 of 9

i have one in my photos if you want to take a look at him and if you want i can pm you how i did him

Win Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Win Posted 18 Aug 2009 , 6:20pm
post #4 of 9

I am making a Sponge Bob cake for my nephew's 4th birthday in a week. I loved this cake:

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1437433

I pm'd the sweet lady who made it, and she was very helpful in her tips. I'm sure she'd love to answer any questions she might have as well. I thought it was very clever that she used pretzel rods for the legs! I love the face on this cake... she nailed his expression!

Win Posted 18 Aug 2009 , 6:23pm
post #5 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by shelly101

i have one in my photos if you want to take a look at him and if you want i can pm you how i did him

Shelly! I love your cake as well and had commented on it in the past. I couldn't find it when I was looking for it in the galleries the other day! I'm so happy you posted here, 'cause now I can save it to favs! thumbs_up.gif

pinkcupcake512 Posted 18 Aug 2009 , 6:28pm
post #6 of 9

shelly101:

I would really appreciate if you PM the instructions on how to make the spongebob cake..

thank you!

shelly-101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shelly-101 Posted 18 Aug 2009 , 8:31pm
post #7 of 9

thanks win icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

Win Posted 1 Sep 2009 , 2:19pm
post #8 of 9

This is the cake I ended up doing for my nephew... in the end I went the direction of giving him the option of being able to eat the characters as well as the cake -which kids always seem to want to do. icon_lol.gif I still derived great inspiration from those mentioned above so, thanks ladies for your great talent and willingness to share!

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1450741

MrCake01 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MrCake01 Posted 1 Sep 2009 , 2:46pm
post #9 of 9

pinkcupcake512,
The second cake i did was a sponge bob. He legs and arms were soild fondant. For the legs i put together a soild piece of yellow and white and cut thin strips for the socks. I molded a boot shape and attached all three with water. Everyone said i turned out great. You can pm me if you need to. I've added the pic below.
Goodluck,
Mrcake01
http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1343324

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%