Contract Question :)

Business By sugarsugargal Updated 19 Aug 2009 , 11:51am by leah_s

sugarsugargal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarsugargal Posted 18 Aug 2009 , 5:51pm
post #1 of 5

I am in the process of setting up business (uk) and am currently working out what i want in my wedding contracts but my question is this...do ou professionals have contracts for ALL cakes, as in a 6 inch party cake even ? i can imagine people not wanting to be getting all official for something for so small but i am guessing its essential right ?

and fina;;y, do you have diff contracts for wedding/party cakes ?

thanks so much

x

4 replies
costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 18 Aug 2009 , 6:46pm
post #2 of 5

I do contracts for everything unless it's something really small and ordered by a person I've worked with in the past. Regardless, I always have them pay me in advance!

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 18 Aug 2009 , 10:57pm
post #3 of 5

You should just always do a contract. That way there is no dispute about how much money has been paid and how much is left to go. It protects you and it protects them.

sugarsugargal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarsugargal Posted 19 Aug 2009 , 9:32am
post #4 of 5

do you have 2 diff contracts ? or same for wedding/party, just curious, thanks so much !

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 19 Aug 2009 , 11:51am
post #5 of 5

same contract. Just the wedding specific stuff gets crossed off. (like whether you prefer to get your top tier free for saving or prefer to take a gift cert) Other than that, most everythign is the same. (Payment due date, delivery times, cake description, fresh flower warning, sole provider, etc.)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%