Shark Cakes

Decorating By Snow_White Updated 19 Aug 2009 , 11:34am by CutePartyIdeas

Snow_White Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Snow_White Posted 17 Aug 2009 , 11:34pm
post #1 of 6

I'm making a groom's cake for my brother's upcoming wedding. I was hoping to make a shark cake but can't find any good ideas for a good one. I googled shark cakes and found some cute ones but seeing as I'm not an expert in any means I would like something somewhat easy. I'd also like something that's 3D because I'd like to put a little top hat on it but don't really know how to accomplish that. If you have any suggests or ideas for me I'd greatly appreciated anything you've got! Thanks!!

5 replies
pupandbon Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pupandbon Posted 17 Aug 2009 , 11:51pm
post #2 of 6

I just recently made one using this link as a starting point, then I used gumpaste for the teeth and red inside mouth - good luck!

http://www.parenting.com/recipes-article/Recipes/Birthday_Parties/How-to-make-a-shark-cake

Snow_White Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Snow_White Posted 17 Aug 2009 , 11:59pm
post #3 of 6

ooh thats super cute! thanks!

pupandbon Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pupandbon Posted 18 Aug 2009 , 12:04am
post #4 of 6

not sure how much cake you need but i actually cooked the shark part in a double loaf pan with a double pound cake recipe (extra cooked for the family...loved it) and i also put it on a 9x13 to make more cake. i added the picture to my photos, not one i'm especially proud of as it was ordered 1 day before the party and i work full time, too so it was definitely a rush job and i would have loved to play more with the details. can't wait to see what you come up with, there are some really awesome shark cakes on here, too.

2chae Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2chae Posted 18 Aug 2009 , 12:08am
post #5 of 6

i have one in my pics. its not 3d but you could still put a top hat on it. hope you find something you like! (and easy) icon_smile.gif

CutePartyIdeas Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CutePartyIdeas Posted 19 Aug 2009 , 11:34am
post #6 of 6

SUGGESTION: Use candy corn for Shark's teeth!

A groom's cake needs to be special, but for fun kids party idea, you can always make shark's fin popping out of a cupcake. They sell party picks with funny distressed surfers and shark's fins, but you can make a shark's fin yourself from paper, or chocolate or a cookie, too.

I'd love to see your final product! Please post your shark cake.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%