Stacking Offset Tiers

Decorating By crazymommyof3 Updated 17 Aug 2009 , 12:32am by indydebi

crazymommyof3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crazymommyof3 Posted 16 Aug 2009 , 11:15pm
post #1 of 7

I am doing a 4 tier wedding cake for next weekend. Square tiers, offset. I got the square wilton plates and some hidden pillars dowels that can be cut. will this work for me? I'm seriously nervous about it falling over on the 30 minute drive to the venue. Plus I desperately hope I can get the thing inside...I'm sure it's gonna weigh as much as a baby elephant. First and probably last wedding cake here people. Buttercream. Only fondant is the daisies that will cascade down it.

6 replies
miny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
miny Posted 16 Aug 2009 , 11:32pm
post #2 of 7

Sorry I can't help with this but I'll give you a bump

xstitcher Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
xstitcher Posted 16 Aug 2009 , 11:39pm
post #3 of 7

Sorry, posted on the wrong thread! icon_redface.gificon_lol.gif

What I was going to say was, is it possible for you to assemble on site?
I can't remember which other thread I was on, they must think I'm daft giving the wrong answer.

sugarMomma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarMomma Posted 16 Aug 2009 , 11:46pm
post #4 of 7

I did a huge 3 tier square offset cake and put a long dowel through all 3 tiers to ease my stress. But I guess you can't with that support system. It's kinda like SPS isn't it, so it should be good? Wish I could help more, good luck!

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 17 Aug 2009 , 12:19am
post #5 of 7

If you're using hidden pillars and plates, I wouldn't pre-assemble. I'd assemble at the site.

If you do need to preassemble, either go with SPS if you have time to order, or just cardboards and dowels, with a center dowel thru all tiers.

Although I have to confess, I'm not too sure what your question is. icon_confused.gif

crazymommyof3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crazymommyof3 Posted 17 Aug 2009 , 12:23am
post #6 of 7

Just hoping for advice on the best way to hold this sucker together. The plates will fit into the dowels, but I'm just not sure if that's right! I can't find square cardboards...so I'd have to cut. Argh.

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 17 Aug 2009 , 12:32am
post #7 of 7

Oh, I see now! Once assembled, those plates/pillars will hold together ok. I would be nervous about transporting it assembled with them, though. (I also cut my square cardboards from big sheets of cardboard! icon_wink.gif )

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%