Cake Frosting

Decorating By CakeMommyJeni Updated 16 Aug 2009 , 3:24pm by jlynnw

CakeMommyJeni Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeMommyJeni Posted 16 Aug 2009 , 3:01pm
post #1 of 2

Ok, I am VERY new here and I don't know if I am posting a question that has been previously talked about so I apologize ahead of time. I am new to the whole cake decorating and what not. I am making a cake/cupcakes for my daughter's 3rd birthday and I just bought some Rich's Bettercreme at Sam's for the frosting. I love the taste of this frosting, but I have never used it before so I was wondering if there is anything that I need to know about it before I use it. I bought the 15 pound container of pre-whipped bettercreme and I am wondering if I am going to need to whip it anymore before I use it, how do I add coloring to it, if I can make the vanilla chocolate in any way, etc. Thanks.

1 reply
jlynnw Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jlynnw Posted 16 Aug 2009 , 3:24pm
post #2 of 2

Welcome to CC!

The bettercream is good to go right now. You can add gel colors to the icing to tint it. The liquid colors will break it down a bit. I like to use ganach to flavor the vanilla to chocolate. At work, they did use a chocolate syrup and I really did NOT like working with it. I made a 50/50 ganache (equal parts chocolate to heavy cream), chilled it until it was firm, and then gently melted until it was soft enough to mix into the bettercream without getting lumpy. How that helps (HTH)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%