Just Finished My 1St Wedding Cake- Very Non-Traditional!

Decorating By candoo Updated 17 Aug 2009 , 12:03pm by candoo

candoo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
candoo Posted 15 Aug 2009 , 11:25pm
post #1 of 20

Just wanted the share! I delivered and set up my 1st wedding cake this am. The bride is supposed to add flowers inside the columns. I hope it was ok (no air bubbles/cake gas, no knocking of the table, etc...) by the time the reception started! The bride was not there to see it, but her family really seemed pleased- they kept telling her on the phone how great it was! I just hope she thought so when she saw it! It's the green and yellow one in my pics- sorry it's kinda blurry- camera batteries were dying!

19 replies
enoid Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
enoid Posted 15 Aug 2009 , 11:52pm
post #2 of 20

You did a very nice job. So nice to hear about a wedding cake delivery that didn't have someone screaming at the cake designer about how horrible the cake was.

Love the other cakes in your gallery too.

kimbordeaux Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kimbordeaux Posted 15 Aug 2009 , 11:53pm
post #3 of 20

The cake looks good. I see what you mean by, "non-traditional", the colors are not what you think of when think of wedding cakes. But, if that's what they requested that's what they got. Good Job, you should be proud.

candoo Posted 16 Aug 2009 , 12:09am
post #4 of 20

enoid and kimbordeaux- Thank you both for compliments!! I just hope the bride liked it as well as her family did!

mjk350 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mjk350 Posted 16 Aug 2009 , 7:43pm
post #5 of 20

The cake looks great!!! thumbs_up.gif

candoo Posted 16 Aug 2009 , 8:24pm
post #6 of 20

thanks mjk350!

Lizzard1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lizzard1 Posted 16 Aug 2009 , 8:34pm
post #7 of 20

Really, its a very nice cake! Great Job!!!

candoo Posted 16 Aug 2009 , 8:42pm
post #8 of 20

thanks lizzard1! I don't think I like the pressure that comes with wedding cakes, though! I prefer party cakes, hands down!! Cakes not as apt to ruin a day, that way!

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 16 Aug 2009 , 8:52pm
post #9 of 20

I think the cake looks amazing! Great job on it! Hard to believe that's your 1st wedding cake! I would have thought that brides would be lining up at your door!

And although the color combo isn't traditional for a wedding, I still love it!

candoo Posted 17 Aug 2009 , 12:01am
post #10 of 20

cylstrial- thanks you soo much! I've only been doing this a few months, so I'm very hesitant to take wedding cake orders! I do have a couple more orders in the next few months for wedding cakes, but they're not something i'm looking forward to! I'm scared on winding up on a wedding disaster/bridezilla forum!! And I don't think my newbie, just-starting-out, skin is thick enough for that!

candoo Posted 17 Aug 2009 , 12:02am
post #11 of 20

I meant I'm scared OF, not ON!

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 17 Aug 2009 , 1:41am
post #12 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by candoo

cylstrial- thanks you soo much! I've only been doing this a few months, so I'm very hesitant to take wedding cake orders! I do have a couple more orders in the next few months for wedding cakes, but they're not something i'm looking forward to! I'm scared on winding up on a wedding disaster/bridezilla forum!! And I don't think my newbie, just-starting-out, skin is thick enough for that!

icon_confused.gif I don't think you need to worry about that! You're cakes look great!! Just keep doing what you're doing...cause it's working!

candoo Posted 17 Aug 2009 , 3:31am
post #13 of 20

thanks cylstrial!!! you are too kind!

tatorchip Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tatorchip Posted 17 Aug 2009 , 4:01am
post #14 of 20

Candoo, I am new also but I am not nearly, heck not even close to being where you are. I think your cakes look real good. Good luck with the other wedding cakes, I hope it goes as good as this one did.

candoo Posted 17 Aug 2009 , 4:51am
post #15 of 20

tatorchip- you, also, are too kind! And your posted pics look really good, too! I've been wanting to try a calla lily, but haven't gotten my nerve up yet! Maybe when I do, my 1st attempt will look as good as yours!

tatorchip Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tatorchip Posted 17 Aug 2009 , 5:37am
post #16 of 20

Thank you candoo, I still have to work on the calla lily but I'll get it, I couldn't have done it without the help of the kind people on cc.
Thanks again

candoo Posted 17 Aug 2009 , 5:58am
post #17 of 20

tatorchip- your very welcome! I, too, have learned SOOO much on this site!!

sweetcakesbydesign Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetcakesbydesign Posted 17 Aug 2009 , 8:22am
post #18 of 20

Great job!!

MikeRowesHunny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MikeRowesHunny Posted 17 Aug 2009 , 8:38am
post #19 of 20

I seem to be a magnet for the non-traditional couples, but they are the most fun IMO! Nothing like a challenge to get the creative juices flowing! Today, for example, I'm delivering a wedding cake featuring a Viking & dragon (in my pics)!

You did a great job on your cake & I'm sure they were over the moon when they saw it!

xxx

candoo Posted 17 Aug 2009 , 12:03pm
post #20 of 20

Thanks sweetcakes and mikeroweshunny! I saw your viking/dragon cake, mikeroweshunny- it was wonderful!! My 6 yr old wants it for his next birthday!! Are you available to come to Ga. and do that around March...?? LOL!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%