Need A "turtle Cookie" Recipe??

Baking By Mindy1975 Updated 16 Aug 2009 , 8:07pm by cylstrial

Mindy1975 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mindy1975 Posted 15 Aug 2009 , 12:24pm
post #1 of 4

Hey guys.......I was approached the other day by a gal who was looking for a cookie that a bakery downtown used to serve back in the 60's I guess they called turtle cookies. She said they were about 3" around, and they started out with a semi crunchy/chewy sugar cookie as the base, and then they put either a "hunk" of caramel or a nice thick dollop of caramel candy on top of that, ( I'm assuming real, because it would stay on top and somewhat retain it's shape) and then put a nice slab of some sort of chocolate fudge frosting on top of that. She said the cookies were almost an 1 1/2" tall once they were all done. I'm always looking for unique things to sell out of my bakery, and I've not seen anything like that around here. Anyone out there every produced anything like that, and would be willing to share a recipe? Or I guess I should just experiment and come up with my own! lol Any insight would be appreciated! Mindy

3 replies
Molly2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Molly2 Posted 15 Aug 2009 , 12:54pm
post #2 of 4

I have never heard of these they sound really good here's a bump I hope some responds I'd love to know how these are made.

Molly

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 15 Aug 2009 , 10:55pm
post #3 of 4

They sound amazing! I hope you find your recipe.

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 16 Aug 2009 , 8:07pm
post #4 of 4

I found this recipe and it sounds exactly like what you were describing!

http://ezinearticles.com/?Turtle-Cookie-Recipe&id=548293

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%