Added Color To Premade Hard Pearls

Decorating By cakebakinmom Updated 17 Aug 2009 , 3:06pm by BeeBoos-8599_

cakebakinmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakebakinmom Posted 14 Aug 2009 , 5:25pm
post #1 of 8

I ordered 3 different sizes of pink pearls for a wedding cake that I am doing and they are 3 different shades of pink. What can I do to make them at least kind of the same shade?

7 replies
hensor Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hensor Posted 14 Aug 2009 , 5:37pm
post #2 of 8

Have you tried Luster Dust or Pearl Dust?

Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 14 Aug 2009 , 5:41pm
post #3 of 8

Yup...roll them around in a baggie with a bit of pearl dust.The hues will be less noticable but I think it looks nice on a cake with different subtle shades.

cakebakinmom Posted 14 Aug 2009 , 6:50pm
post #4 of 8

Haven't tried anything yet. Wanted advice first. Right know they are far from different subtle shades.

BeeBoos-8599_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BeeBoos-8599_ Posted 14 Aug 2009 , 8:08pm
post #5 of 8

I have done this by first dampening them in vodka then putting them in a plastic bowl with the color you want replace the lid and shake them up then pour them onto a paper towel and let them dry.

cakebakinmom Posted 14 Aug 2009 , 8:19pm
post #6 of 8

Vodka really? Does it color them good?

Bonnell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bonnell Posted 14 Aug 2009 , 8:21pm
post #7 of 8

At a recent cake club meeting I attended they put some of these in a strainer, ran under the water faucet for a second and poured them out on paper towelling to dry. After a few minutes on the paper towels they were put in a container w/luster dust and rolled around. They picked up the color great. Really lets you go crazy with whatever colors you want to make them.

BeeBoos-8599_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BeeBoos-8599_ Posted 17 Aug 2009 , 3:06pm
post #8 of 8

The vodka acts as a liquid to get them wet enough to grab the luster dust then it evaporates so they dry quickly without disolving or getting really sticky.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%