I Need Help!!!!! Purchase Black Fondant

Decorating By manda113158 Updated 15 Aug 2009 , 8:31am by xstitcher

manda113158 Posted 13 Aug 2009 , 9:11pm
post #1 of 9

Hey all....I'm trying to find black fondant that is "pre-tinted". I need to make a large zebra themed cake and I don't want to color it myself.....too much work. So does anyone know where I can buy it - either online or in any stores???? Please let me know!!!!! THANKS!!!! icon_cry.gificon_cry.gif

8 replies
beverlyanne Posted 13 Aug 2009 , 9:25pm
post #2 of 9

Global Sugar Art has a 2 pound tub of Satin Ice on sale for $8.49 & a 5 pound tub is $16.99. They are very good to work with -- really fast service.

Bev

cylstrial Posted 13 Aug 2009 , 9:26pm
post #3 of 9

I get my Satin Ice from Global Sugar as well.

CutiePieCakes-Ontario Posted 13 Aug 2009 , 9:28pm
post #4 of 9

A place in Toronto makes black fondant. I recently got some and it was very black - very soft, but very black. I wanted to make a marbled effect, but it wouldn't keep its shape when I lifted it to put on the cake. I ended up adding Gum Tex and kneading it into a medium dark grey. It was for a class cake so it worked out okay. (See my pics - hexagon b/w cake.) But I had a friend who ordered it and got a purple tone. With any coloured fondant, you take your chances that it's not exactly what you want.

It's McCall's Bakers Warehouse - www.mccalls-cakes.com .

Not sure if they'll ship to the US, but can't see why not. Give them a try.

Reyna Posted 13 Aug 2009 , 9:36pm
post #5 of 9

cakesbysam shippes out immediately. that's where i used to get mine, i make my own now. icon_smile.gif

tracycakes Posted 13 Aug 2009 , 9:52pm
post #6 of 9

I get mine from GlobalSugarArt also. They are great to work with.

manda113158 Posted 14 Aug 2009 , 2:59am
post #7 of 9

Thank you so much for the help! The Satin Ice looks like exactly what and how much I need - THANKS AGAIN!!!!!!!

CakeForte Posted 14 Aug 2009 , 3:05am
post #8 of 9

Satin Ice just updated their website and added photos of Anne (Pink Cake Box), Buddy (Carlo's Bakery), and Elisa (Confetti Cakes).

It's really cute!

xstitcher Posted 15 Aug 2009 , 8:31am
post #9 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by CakeForte

just updated their website and added photos of Anne (Pink Cake Box), Buddy (Carlo's Bakery), and Elisa (Confetti Cakes).

It's really cute!

I saw that! If you click on testimonials you'll see some more big name cake decorators on there, Collete Peters and Ron Ben-Israel just to name a couple.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%