Edible Images And Buttercream

Baking By toodlesjupiter Updated 1 Sep 2009 , 5:17pm by toodlesjupiter

toodlesjupiter Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
toodlesjupiter Posted 12 Aug 2009 , 7:25pm
post #1 of 4

Hey ladies! I am doing some wedding shower cookies w/edible images and I wanted to apply them with buttercream if possible. When I did this before a couple of them stuck to the packaging, but I packaged them right away. My question is, if any of you use buttercream, do I need to let it dry overnight as well, or will it not dry enough because it's buttercream? Does that make sense? The first time I did it it was for my son's class and kids don't care about stuff like that, but since this is for a bridal shower, I want them to be perfect. TIA!

3 replies
Lcubed82 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lcubed82 Posted 13 Aug 2009 , 12:14am
post #2 of 4

I would think a crusting buttercream would work, left out as you suggest. Put the image on before it crusts, or you will have to dab with corn syrup or piping gel. I used Antonia74's recipe with edible images, and that worked very well.

toodlesjupiter Posted 14 Aug 2009 , 3:05am
post #3 of 4

Thanks lcubed82!
I will use Antonia74's icing for the border, but we like the flavor of the BC better for the edible image. I'm going to do it that way. Wish me luck!

toodlesjupiter Posted 1 Sep 2009 , 5:17pm
post #4 of 4

I have one more question..... if I use buttercream under edible images, can I pipe a royal icing border? I know I would need to be careful with the BC, but do you think it would come through the edible image and ruin the royal icing?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%