Prepping A "petal" Shaped Pan

Decorating By shalini1 Updated 14 Aug 2009 , 2:20am by Bluehue

shalini1 Posted 12 Aug 2009 , 5:41pm
post #1 of 7

Hi fellow bakers - can someone please tell me how I can cover a petal shaped cake pan with parchment paper? Simple enough for a round, but any helpful suggestions on how to do the same on a petal would be greatly appreciateD!

6 replies
Kiddiekakes Posted 12 Aug 2009 , 5:48pm
post #2 of 7

Do you mean to bake it? Trace the pan on the parchment and cut it out.

flourpowerMN Posted 12 Aug 2009 , 6:12pm
post #3 of 7

If you're prepping it for baking, why not use Pan Grease instead? Mix equal parts of shortening, flour & veg. oil. Just brush on to your pans. Works like a charm! Can be stored in an airtight container for forever. HTH!

DianeLM Posted 12 Aug 2009 , 6:16pm
post #4 of 7

Ditto what Kiddiekakes said... Trace and cut out.

shalini1 Posted 14 Aug 2009 , 1:58am
post #5 of 7

I meant for the sides of the pan....prepping a round or simple shape cake pan with parchment paper on the sides is easy, but do you actually do that for petal pans too?

makaylee Posted 14 Aug 2009 , 2:19am
post #6 of 7

I have used the petal shaped pan ( the dancing daisy ). all i used on it to prep it is shortning and flour and it works well.

Bluehue Posted 14 Aug 2009 , 2:20am
post #7 of 7
Originally Posted by buttercup-bakery

but do you actually do that for petal pans too?

Yes, i got my trusty tape measure out of said cupboard - painstakingly measured around the outside of the tin - in amongst all the grooves - that way i knew how much glad oven bake paper i needed to tear off the roll.
Sprayed lightly with Pan Release - then slowly adhered paper to tin.
Traced bottom of pan and popped that in after linning the sides.

Worked a treat and i was glad i took the time as the edges of my cooked cake were *sharp yet rounded* - IYKWIM.

Quote by @%username% on %date%