Hubbys 40Th Birthday Cake - Need Help Pls

Decorating By niles Updated 8 Aug 2009 , 2:17pm by BeeBoos-8599_

niles Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
niles Posted 7 Aug 2009 , 3:07pm
post #1 of 6

Hi, I am new on the site, well actually have been lurking around for a while. It is a great site! I am throwing my hubby a 40th bday party and needed some ideas for a cake. He is a nurse so I figured maybe do a prescription bottle cake but not really sure. I am still trying to figure out techniques. He is a jokester and so are his nurse friends. Any help would be appreciated. Thanx!

5 replies
BeeBoos-8599_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BeeBoos-8599_ Posted 7 Aug 2009 , 5:02pm
post #2 of 6

Hi Niles! Glad you came out of the closet. I dont know if you are comfortable with stacked cakes? If so, you could do a stacekd cake in any color then make some gum paste bottles with different "old age" products lables on them. Geratol etc.... You can even use candies to make spilled pills (smarties yummo) Then maybe an edible image of a photo shopped cover of the AARP magazine with his picture and the birthday stats down the left hand side as though they are the topics for that month. I guess this would work on a sheet just as well. I would totally give it to him. BUT remember, you will also be 40 at some point. icon_wink.gif (lucky me I am older than my man so he cant get me back)

niles Posted 7 Aug 2009 , 5:48pm
post #3 of 6

definitely can do a stacked cake but have never worked with gum paste or fondant. Is it easy to learn? Love the ideas!! Putting different items on a cake is a great idea!! I appreciate the help.

BeeBoos-8599_ Posted 8 Aug 2009 , 2:07am
post #4 of 6

Yes it is just like playing wiht clay. You can mix it 50/50 with fondant so that it has a longer working time before it dries. Buy a box at walmart and jsut start playing with it. IF you are going to do anything flat that you want to stand on its own then use straight gum paste. IF you want to paint on any of it allow the pieces to dry completely first.

niles Posted 8 Aug 2009 , 10:33am
post #5 of 6

Thank you so much!!!

BeeBoos-8599_ Posted 8 Aug 2009 , 2:17pm
post #6 of 6

You are very welcome! Please post a picture when you are all done.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%