Stupid Businesswoman Strikes Again

Business By karateka Updated 7 Aug 2009 , 8:16pm by cylstrial

karateka Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
karateka Posted 7 Aug 2009 , 1:17am
post #1 of 8

I've put my foot in it again.

I have this bride who is being really dingy. She ordered this cake last year. She waffled on the fondant issue, asked for another free tasting since her fiancee missed the first one, wanted to taste the fondant later.

Her aunt is paying for the cake, so I sent her receipts as requested. She's sent 2 checks, but is still $60 plus delivery short. The final due date isn't until Sept 5.

She keeps asking me questions that are answered in her contract. I updated her contract (she had also changed the date and venue) and sent it to her with the updated payments.

She has not signed it and sent it back. She has refused to acknowledge the question of whether she received it. Now she wants me to call her aunt and discuss payment with her, because her aunt is trying to figure out how much she has paid and how much she owes. I tell her that I will call the aunt, but the info is in the contract....has he received it, has she signed it? No answer.

I go to pull the recipts I mailed the aunt. and I CAN"t FIND THEM. I'm going to lose my freaking mind. What the heck do I do now??? If her aunt is "trying to figure out how much she paid, then obviously she doesn't have her receipts, either.

7 replies
Deb_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Deb_ Posted 7 Aug 2009 , 1:52am
post #2 of 8

Aye yi yi!! Do you have any paper trail from e-mails maybe? If she paid you by check you could phone your bank and ask for copies of your deposits.

If not, seeing she doesn't have receipts either, I'd just send a new invoice with the $60 plus delivery as the amount due and leave it at that.

Good luck! Don't feel too bad, I've done the same thing, thrown out receipts that I didn't mean to throw out. Ughhhhh, it stinks!

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 7 Aug 2009 , 2:09am
post #3 of 8

Yeah, I got a final payment from a bride three weeks before her wedding and I didn't have the order on my book.

We all do stuff like this. dkelly has a good idea.

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 7 Aug 2009 , 1:33pm
post #4 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by leahs

Yeah, I got a final payment from a bride three weeks before her wedding and I didn't have the order on my book.

We all do stuff like this. dkelly has a good idea.

Wow! It's a good thing she sent that early.

marmalade1687 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
marmalade1687 Posted 7 Aug 2009 , 2:20pm
post #5 of 8

Glad I'm not the only one going crazy...must be something in the water!! icon_lol.gif Karateka, would your accounting software have the info (dates, amount, etc.) that you need? That would be the place that I would start. I feel for you - this could obviously be a simple matter to deal with - they are making it very difficult for any sane person to keep track of. Good luck!

karateka Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
karateka Posted 7 Aug 2009 , 2:24pm
post #6 of 8

I called her this morning and she had her receipts. Turns out the dingy bride had told her aunt that the cake was only $500. So when she overpaid by $120, she was wondering why I needed more money. When I explained that the cake had never been $500, she was very nice and said she'd mail the payment right out.

Guess I was worrying for nothing. Thanks for letting me fret... icon_redface.gif

marmalade1687 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
marmalade1687 Posted 7 Aug 2009 , 2:29pm
post #7 of 8

Argh!! Maybe the bride was hoping the aunt would give her the extra money to give to you...and she got caught!! Glad it worked out for you though! icon_wink.gif

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 7 Aug 2009 , 8:16pm
post #8 of 8

I'm glad that you got it figured out Karateka!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%