Easy Rounded Cake Top Corners?

Decorating By CakeJediChic Updated 6 Aug 2009 , 10:16pm by bashini

CakeJediChic Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeJediChic Posted 6 Aug 2009 , 6:47pm
post #1 of 6

I searched everywhere to an answer to this but maybe you guys can help me! I love the look of the rounded top corners on cakes, and wondering if there is a easy way to do it? I have seen the cake pans that make the rounded look already, but maybe theres a cheaper way? Thanks!!

5 replies
bashini Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bashini Posted 6 Aug 2009 , 6:52pm
post #2 of 6

Hi, I turn my cake upside down, so the bottom of the cake comes up. When I cover it with fondant, it always have a rounded edge. icon_smile.gif

CakeJediChic Posted 6 Aug 2009 , 6:55pm
post #3 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by bashini

Hi, I turn my cake upside down, so the bottom of the cake comes up. When I cover it with fondant, it always have a rounded edge. icon_smile.gif

hi! im sorry im sick today, lol, so i feel so dense. When do you turn it upside down?

bashini Posted 6 Aug 2009 , 7:07pm
post #4 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by CakeJediChic

Quote:

hi! im sorry im sick today, lol, so i feel so dense. When do you turn it upside down?

Sorry if I wasn't very clear icon_redface.gif . When I'm ready to torte and fill, first I level the top of the cake. Then turn it upside down, so the leveled side goes on the board. Hope it makes sence. icon_smile.gif

CakeJediChic Posted 6 Aug 2009 , 7:11pm
post #5 of 6
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CakeJediChic

Quote:

Sorry if I wasn't very clear icon_redface.gif . When I'm ready to torte and fill, first I level the top of the cake. Then turn it upside down, so the leveled side goes on the board. Hope it makes sence. icon_smile.gif

is this when your using a rounded corner cake pan?

Im wanting rounded corner like this, but dont want to have to buy the special pan if theres an easy way to do it:
LL

bashini Posted 6 Aug 2009 , 10:16pm
post #6 of 6

Oh!!!! I don't have those pans. To get that sort of edge you might have to carve it?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%