Why Is It?

Decorating By chrissypie Updated 5 Aug 2009 , 1:40am by JodieF

chrissypie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chrissypie Posted 4 Aug 2009 , 4:05pm
post #1 of 6

Why is it that some posters on here can be so nasty? A lot of them seem to comment on EVERYTHING and they are so sanctimonious. I don't understand why people just can't be supportive. It is almost like a superior attitude and you can't say anything without it being taken out of context and then come the flames. It really makes me not like this site sometimes.

5 replies
MrsMabe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MrsMabe Posted 4 Aug 2009 , 6:15pm
post #2 of 6

I haven't noticed that. Sometimes people seem a little condescending or snippy, but I usually assume it's unintentional. You know, a lot of connotation can be lost over the internet. Of all the forums I've frequented, this is by far the most supportive one and full of the kindest, most helpful people. If someone has a bad day and comes across badly, I don't mind because the vast majority are so nice and helpful. If there's a specific poster who you think is always nasty or sanctimonious, then it's probably just best to pretend they don't exist. You will always find people with different views and different ways of dealing with things than you. It's inevitable. You can't let that ruin it for you.

Mensch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mensch Posted 4 Aug 2009 , 6:22pm
post #3 of 6

People here are so nice.

Doug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Doug Posted 4 Aug 2009 , 6:44pm
post #4 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrissypie

Why is it that some posters on here can be so nasty? A lot of them seem to comment on EVERYTHING and they are so sanctimonious. I don't understand why people just can't be supportive. It is almost like a superior attitude and you can't say anything without it being taken out of context and then come the flames. It really makes me not like this site sometimes.

reminds of when I lived in NYC for 20 years.

EVERYone has an opinion!

so, just "uh-huh" them and move on.

2 NYers = 3 opinions (his, hers, ours!)

Rylan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rylan Posted 5 Aug 2009 , 12:24am
post #5 of 6

I am very opinionated and I like posting opinions and also share my knowledge about caking. Sometime people take me the wrong way. I know a couple of people in here that I am so not a fan of due to past arguments but whateverrr. Anyways, I agree. Some people need to learn how to respectfully disagree. Some are just born without manners.

JodieF Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JodieF Posted 5 Aug 2009 , 1:40am
post #6 of 6

There are some that might find YOUR post nasty too. It's all about perception, isn't it?
Don't stress about it. You can only control yourself and not worry about everyone else.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%