Puerto Rican Amaretto Cake

Decorating By Virgis Updated 4 Aug 2009 , 5:38pm by sjmoral

Virgis Posted 4 Aug 2009 , 1:22pm
post #1 of 5

Please, would you explain the Puerto Rican Amaretto Cake Recipe below:

Is it ½ cup margarine or 1 cup of butter ???? I assume it cannot be both, right?

1/2 Cup Margarine
1 Cup Butter
3 Cups Sifted Flour
4 Large Eggs ( Separated)
2 TSP Baking Powder ( if using a non- self rising cake four)
1 Cup Evaporated Milk ( do not dilute)
1 Cup Sugar
1 TSP Almond Extract
1 TSP Vanilla Extract
3 Ounces OR 1 small trial size bottle of Amaretto Liquor

4 replies
Gingoodies Posted 4 Aug 2009 , 2:13pm
post #2 of 5

It would help if you also post the mixing directions. That will tell you if both the butter and margarine are being used, and how.

sjmoral Posted 4 Aug 2009 , 3:24pm
post #3 of 5

This is the last cake I made but I put all vanilla instead of the Amaretto by mistake so I can't tell you how it tasted but the texture was very nice for me. I did use both butter and margarine

Virgis Posted 4 Aug 2009 , 4:52pm
post #4 of 5

Is this 4 sticks of butter + 2 sticks of margarine to be added to 3 cups of flour????? If so, please recommend flour brand name that blends well with so much margarine + butter????

Mixing instructions are written below:

I copied the recipe from one of our members.

Amaretto Puertorican Cake

Serves/Yields: 20 Small portion
Prep. Time: 15 Minutes
Cook Time: 45 Minutes
Category: Cake Mix Cakes
Difficulty: Easy  

This moist and Delicate cake is a winner at any party! Its also know as the Famous PuertoRican Amaretto Cake. I added my own "secret" ingredients to perfection. Keep in mind that the quality of the Flour, Eggs and Margarine/Butter you use DOES make a difference...Enjoy!!

1/2 Cup Margarine
1 Cup Butter
3 Cups Sifted Flour WHICH BRAND???
4 Large Eggs ( Separated)
2 TSP Baking Powder ( if using a non- self rising cake four)
1 Cup Evaporated Milk ( do not dilute)
1 Cup Sugar
1 TSP Almond Extract
1 TSP Vanilla Extract
3 Ounces OR 1 small trial size bottle of Amaretto Liquor

I** Butter, Margarine and Eggs must be at room temperature**
1-Beat Butter, Margarine and Sugar at medium speed until consistency is creamy and light color.
2- Add Egg Yolk one at the time and slowly
3- Add Almond, Vanilla, and Liquor blend for about 30 seconds
4- Add small amounts of flour and baking powder with small amounts of milk at the time until well mixed.
II*****EGG WHITES******
1-IN A SEPARETE MIXER beat egg whites at high speed until completly white and foamy consistency ( Like merengue)
2- FOLD completly with cake batter
3- Place in 10" by 2" cake pan leaving about 2 " space on top. Bake for 45 minutes or until center of cake is ready.

sjmoral Posted 4 Aug 2009 , 5:38pm
post #5 of 5

I had to edit, I mesed up with the cups. I cup of butter is 2 sticks so it's 2 sticks of butter and 1 stick margarine. I use the regular all purpose flour that I buy at Sam's Club, sifted but I really can't tell you if a different brand would make a difference since I messed up with the flavor...

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%