Anyone Interested In A Baby Themed September Throwdown?

Decorating By sweetsbyl Updated 1 Sep 2009 , 2:02am by sweetsbyl

sweetsbyl Posted 3 Aug 2009 , 4:52pm
post #1 of 14

I won the February throwdown and I would like to do another but for next month, Sept.
I'm interested in doing a BABY THEME.
Anyone interested in doing a September Baby Theme throwdown?

13 replies
sweetsbyl Posted 3 Aug 2009 , 6:35pm
post #2 of 14

bump

Ivy383 Posted 3 Aug 2009 , 6:54pm
post #3 of 14

Hi,

I am new here... So i am not sure of what a throwdown is. Can you tell me or post a link with info?
Thanks
Ivy

sweetsbyl Posted 3 Aug 2009 , 6:59pm
post #4 of 14

A throwdown is a challenge between two CC members. Their pictures are posted and other CC members vote. Below is a link to the rules:

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-611454-throwdown.html

honeydragon Posted 3 Aug 2009 , 7:20pm
post #5 of 14

I am interested.

sweetsbyl Posted 3 Aug 2009 , 9:14pm
post #6 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by honeydragon

I am interested.

I'm glad that you are interested, however, I noticed on your avatar that you are new. In order to compete in a throwdown, the two competitors "should be as equal in decorating skills as possible. If you are a TD winner please try to be fair and choose a member with "equal to or greater than" decorating skills you possess."
I want to be fair icon_biggrin.gif

honeydragon Posted 3 Aug 2009 , 10:39pm
post #7 of 14

ok. that's fine. icon_razz.gif

cupcakeco Posted 3 Aug 2009 , 10:56pm
post #8 of 14

Does it count if we've already done the cake? I have made a baby themed cake, but the picture is not posted to My Photos. I would be interested in something like this.

cylstrial Posted 3 Aug 2009 , 11:52pm
post #9 of 14

I think a baby theme sounds great! It's certainly something that people are always making.

sweetsbyl Posted 4 Aug 2009 , 1:19am
post #10 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by cupcakeco

Does it count if we've already done the cake? I have made a baby themed cake, but the picture is not posted to My Photos. I would be interested in something like this.

I'm not sure icon_confused.gif
Does anyone know the answer?

xstitcher Posted 4 Aug 2009 , 8:54am
post #11 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetsbyl

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeydragon

I am interested.

I'm glad that you are interested, however, I noticed on your avatar that you are new. In order to compete in a throwdown, the two competitors "should be as equal in decorating skills as possible. If you are a TD winner please try to be fair and choose a member with "equal to or greater than" decorating skills you possess."
I want to be fair icon_biggrin.gif

I believe they mean equal skill level not how long you've been a member of CC.

cupcakeco Posted 31 Aug 2009 , 5:36am
post #12 of 14

Hi everyone!

I was just scrolling through my forum posts and came across this one. Was the throwdown ever decided upon? I'd still be interested, and of course I'd like to know if I would even qualify as I have already made the cake but did not post it to my photos.

Hope to hear from everyone!

sweetsbyl Posted 31 Aug 2009 , 10:52pm
post #13 of 14

Yes, we can have a throwdown together. We just need someone to host it. I'll pm my the person who participated with me in my last TD and I'll get back to you.

sweetsbyl Posted 1 Sep 2009 , 2:02am
post #14 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by cupcakeco

Hi everyone!

I was just scrolling through my forum posts and came across this one. Was the throwdown ever decided upon? I'd still be interested, and of course I'd like to know if I would even qualify as I have already made the cake but did not post it to my photos.

Hope to hear from everyone!

Ok, kayla1505 will host our TD. I will pm u with more info.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%