Baking Or Waxed Paper For Flooded Ri Pieces?

Decorating By Elise87 Updated 5 Aug 2009 , 12:06am by Elise87

Elise87 Posted 3 Aug 2009 , 9:10am
post #1 of 6

Whenever i do a flooded piece with royal icing, the baking paper that i use goes a bit wavy after a little while and my pieces don't end up drying completely flat, does this always happen for everyone else and if so what do you do to stop it?

I tape down my paper around the outside but that doesn't stop it. Does it have something to do with what i am piping it on?

what is best?... baking paper (parchment paper) or waxed paper?

5 replies
JaimeAnn Posted 3 Aug 2009 , 9:13am
post #2 of 6

I use Waxed paper. I haven't had a problem with it if I buy a good heavy brand , but one time I bought a cheap generic kind and it did the wavy thing.

Elise87 Posted 4 Aug 2009 , 12:06am
post #3 of 6

so does wax paper repel the wetness of the RI better?

PinkZiab Posted 4 Aug 2009 , 12:12am
post #4 of 6

I like acetate.

JaimeAnn Posted 4 Aug 2009 , 11:02pm
post #5 of 6

Yes the wax on the waxed paper repells the water better..

But like PinkZiab said acetate would work great! I think I will use that next time since it is clear and won't wrinkle.. Great tip Pink... Thanks!

Elise87 Posted 5 Aug 2009 , 12:06am
post #6 of 6

awesome, thanks for the help everyone!

Quote by @%username% on %date%