Affordable Cake Decorating Supplies

Decorating By mavreader Updated 3 Aug 2009 , 4:21am by HipnotiqGlamour

mavreader Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mavreader Posted 3 Aug 2009 , 3:57am
post #1 of 7

Hi there. I know that I am definitely feeling the pinch of the economic status that we are in. I am looking for an alternative to buying all my cake decorating supplies rather than paying the price at michaels and hobby lobby. I don't mean like renting, I mean like a different place to purchase supplies that don't cost as much. Does anyone know of an online store? Thanks!

6 replies
Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 3 Aug 2009 , 4:01am
post #2 of 7

Unless you need a bunch of stuff at one time, you can get coupons for Michaels and Hobby Lobby that make things cheaper. Most of the stuff that's at Michaels and Hobby Lobby is cheaper than the stuff that I've seen online.

What kind of stuff are you looking for? People might have suggestions for where they've seen specific things cheaper.

mavreader Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mavreader Posted 3 Aug 2009 , 4:04am
post #3 of 7

Oh, I'm looking for all sorts of supplies. And hello there fellow Texan!

Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 3 Aug 2009 , 4:08am
post #4 of 7

Hi there icon_biggrin.gif Are you in San Antonio or nearby? I've been to some of the cake supply stores in town if you're curious about them.

JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 3 Aug 2009 , 4:11am
post #5 of 7

Agree with Texas_Rose on using the 40% off coupons. icon_smile.gif

Even if you found the products cheaper at one or various online sources, usually the shipping and handling charges will negate any cost savings.

HTH

txnonnie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
txnonnie Posted 3 Aug 2009 , 4:20am
post #6 of 7

Agreed that you can use the coupons at Hobby Lobby and Michaels, however, they are limited in what they sell....mostly Wilton. Online is a great source if you do not have access to a nearby cake bakery/store supplier.

I know for me I have to travel to the Dallas area for the nearest bakery store with supplies. Which still only carries a limited amount of specialty items. Sometimes it is better to pay the shipping charges.

HipnotiqGlamour Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HipnotiqGlamour Posted 3 Aug 2009 , 4:21am
post #7 of 7

craigslist, you can find people in different states and ask them if they would ship to you. I have done that a few times. Also Michael's with the 40% off coupon

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%