What's The Best Fondant?

Decorating By Stephler Updated 1 Aug 2009 , 12:59pm by pattigunter

Stephler Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Stephler Posted 1 Aug 2009 , 2:01am
post #1 of 4

I was just wondering what fondant recipe people prefer, I have been using the one that calls for glycerin and glucose and it seems to work fine, but the last cake I made I had a problem with the bottom tier, the fondant seemed to just droop to the bottom if that makes sense. I was also wondeirng what people use to stick fondant to fonant, I used royal icing, and they seemed to just fall off.

3 replies
3SheetCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
3SheetCakes Posted 1 Aug 2009 , 3:58am
post #2 of 4

Just this week I made Michelle Foster's Fondant for the first time and it is fabulous!

As for the drooping of your fondant, I'm not sure. I'm a newbie too!

FullHouse Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FullHouse Posted 1 Aug 2009 , 12:36pm
post #3 of 4

I love Michelle Foster's fondant, tastes good and easy to make. The recipe is on this site in the recipe section. water to apply small accents or anything on the top or borders, larger side accents I use vodka or a clear extract or for really strong hold, tylose disolved in water to make a thin paste. HTH.

pattigunter Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pattigunter Posted 1 Aug 2009 , 12:59pm
post #4 of 4

I use FondX. I like the way it tastes and its easy to work with. I like Satin Ice too but it has a little too much of a Vanilla taste to me. Just my opinion though - you'll find lots of people here who wouldnt use anything but Satin ICe.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%