I Need Your Opinion :)

Decorating By SJ169 Updated 31 Jul 2009 , 8:23pm by chrissypie

SJ169 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SJ169 Posted 31 Jul 2009 , 6:06am
post #1 of 22

Ok i made these classic winnie the pooh figures for a baby shower...i need an honest opinion...i cant decide if i like them or not.... maybe its just because im used to the regular more animated winnie the pooh...?
anywho! I know all you CCr's will be honest icon_smile.gif
TIA ..dont worry i want be hurt by any criticism. icon_smile.gif

*I cant attach a photo for some reason so if you look in my photos its the last two pictures added**

Thanks again!

21 replies
Rylan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rylan Posted 31 Jul 2009 , 6:21am
post #2 of 22

They do look nice although I wouldn't be able to distinguish that it was classic winnie the pooh if you never mentioned it. They do look nice as a tiger and a bear though.

Melchas Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Melchas Posted 31 Jul 2009 , 6:36am
post #3 of 22

I think Pooh and piglet look really good, just like classic pooh. I sewed all the decore for my nephew's nursery...all classic pooh.
IMHO, the only thing I would change is maybe make Tigger a little thinner, Tiggers love to bounce. icon_wink.gif But I think his stripes are great! icon_smile.gif

txsteph Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
txsteph Posted 31 Jul 2009 , 6:46am
post #4 of 22

Very cute! I love Pooh .. and I can tell it is him, piglet, & tigger. Love the hunny pot too!

SJ169 Posted 31 Jul 2009 , 4:26pm
post #5 of 22

Thanks everyone! i think i agree with Melchas Tiger could be a little slimmer lol he needs a diet icon_smile.gif haha

lkoenig07 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lkoenig07 Posted 31 Jul 2009 , 4:38pm
post #6 of 22

pooh & piglet look great, just like classic WTP. i think tigger looks good too, just not much like tigger in my opinion

kylekaitlyn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kylekaitlyn Posted 31 Jul 2009 , 5:07pm
post #7 of 22

I love Piglet! Great job! Tigger is a little chubby, but still looks good. Pooh would be more identifiable with his red shirt. I know the shirt is more recent, but just a thought.

SJ169 Posted 31 Jul 2009 , 5:15pm
post #8 of 22

Exactly! its the red shirt..i think i am to used to the new animated WTP, when i look at these ones i just feel like there is something missing... lol and yes Tigger and been eating to much cake lol

kylekaitlyn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kylekaitlyn Posted 31 Jul 2009 , 5:23pm
post #9 of 22

I say just add the shirt! It really does distinguish him as Pooh not just any other bear!!!!! Also, If Tigger has not hardened, maybe you cn give him his curly, spring tail. That might take away from his excess girth without having to start over.

LaBellaFlor Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LaBellaFlor Posted 31 Jul 2009 , 5:33pm
post #10 of 22

No shirt, cause classic Pooh does not have a shirt. I think they look just like the classic figures.

SJ169 Posted 31 Jul 2009 , 5:44pm
post #11 of 22

Ya I dont think i will add a shirt because the picture the customer gave me, Pooh bear doesnt have a shirt. I like the idea of a more curly tail tho. I might work a bit more on Tigger once I am home from work.

Maranda_V Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Maranda_V Posted 31 Jul 2009 , 7:08pm
post #12 of 22

I think it would help Tigger look more like Tigger is he was in a more active, playful pose, like sitting up or getting ready to pounce or something.

LaBellaFlor Posted 31 Jul 2009 , 7:23pm
post #13 of 22

The way you have them is the way the classics are. Classic Tigger does not have the same bouncy tail as the Tigger everyone is used to. I wouldn't change what you have, cause I'm assuming the client knows the differnce betweed regular Pooh & the classic Pooh characters. Thats why she asked for the classic. The classics are more reserved looking & a little on the plainer side. I think you did a great job & I love the way the classics look.

suz3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
suz3 Posted 31 Jul 2009 , 7:24pm
post #14 of 22

Spot on!! I think we're just not use to the classics.

SJ169 Posted 31 Jul 2009 , 7:32pm
post #15 of 22

Thanks ! icon_biggrin.gif

SJ169 Posted 31 Jul 2009 , 7:32pm
post #16 of 22

SJ169 Posted 31 Jul 2009 , 7:35pm
post #17 of 22

LaBellaFlor Posted 31 Jul 2009 , 7:40pm
post #18 of 22

You are SO welcome. icon_biggrin.gif I just didn't want you to add traditional characteristics, cause you characters are SPOT ON for the classics, even you Tigger. thumbs_up.gif

Doug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Doug Posted 31 Jul 2009 , 7:51pm
post #19 of 22

oh yeah -- those really are the classic characters!

great job!

jaybug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jaybug Posted 31 Jul 2009 , 8:02pm
post #20 of 22

Great job on the classic pooh characters! thumbs_up.gif

chrissypie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chrissypie Posted 31 Jul 2009 , 8:15pm
post #21 of 22

They are great. Immediately identifiable as Classic Pooh characters. The colors are just perfect! Fantastic work, you should be proud.

chrissypie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chrissypie Posted 31 Jul 2009 , 8:23pm
post #22 of 22

They are great. Immediately identifiable as Classic Pooh characters. The colors are just perfect! Fantastic work, you should be proud.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%