Cupcake Flavors And Fillings

Baking By t00precious Updated 1 Aug 2009 , 7:51pm by cylstrial

t00precious Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
t00precious Posted 31 Jul 2009 , 4:25am
post #1 of 6

Hi all, I will be throwing a princess party for my DD's 5th birthday. Wanted to know any popullar flavor for kid cuppies as well as parents. Any good flavor combinations? Please help

5 replies
cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 1 Aug 2009 , 11:13am
post #2 of 6

Kids love chocolate with chocolate frosting. They also love strawberry cakes. I typically put vanilla frosting on them. I think kids would love Orange Dreamsicle. It's delicious...has some sherbet in it.

I love lemon cupcakes with raspberry frosting. Or choc with raspberry filling.

There are so many possibilities out there...

Abbiedal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Abbiedal Posted 1 Aug 2009 , 11:39am
post #3 of 6

sorry to jump in on your response but do you use rasberry or strawberry preserves as as a filling in cupcakes?

sambugjoebear Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sambugjoebear Posted 1 Aug 2009 , 1:37pm
post #4 of 6

Abbiedal~ you can either use plain jam/preserves as a filling or you can mix it in with bc to get a creamy fruit filling. Either one tastes really good icon_smile.gif

To OP: try making vanilla cupcakes with colored sprinkles mixed into the batter or making a rainbow cupcake (dye the cake batter different colors then layer the colors into the liners). Everyone will be surprised when they bite into them icon_smile.gif

I agree that vanilla and chocolate are popular flavors with everyone, but I would mix it up a bit and fill them with different fillings (fruit preserves, caramel bc, chocolate hazelnut bc, etc) so they can try something familiar, yet different. icon_smile.gif

Have fun making these! Hope you get some great ideas!

mjk350 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mjk350 Posted 1 Aug 2009 , 7:50pm
post #5 of 6

Is there a recipe on this site for the Orange Dreamsicle? It does sound delicious.

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 1 Aug 2009 , 7:51pm
post #6 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abbiedal

sorry to jump in on your response but do you use rasberry or strawberry preserves as as a filling in cupcakes?

This recipe is awesome! I have only use raspberries in it, but I'm sure that you could use any fruit and it would probably turn out great!

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake_recipe-2503-Raspberry-Filling.html

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%