Castle Cake

Decorating By cakesalot13 Updated 30 Jul 2009 , 1:09pm by Makeitmemorable

cakesalot13 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesalot13 Posted 29 Jul 2009 , 9:21pm
post #1 of 4

ok, so I had someone ask me to do a castle cake. I did a version before, which I would definitely charge 3 figures. She wants a "small" version. and has a $50 range.. I told her, I couldn't create something worth my time and effort (I put a lot of detail in my cakes), with that much detail and prep time for castle parts/ turrents, material fees.. etc.. for that price. Do you think I did the right thing?

3 replies
bashini Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bashini Posted 29 Jul 2009 , 9:32pm
post #2 of 4

Hi, I think you did the right thing. No way you could make a castle cake $50!!!! Lke you said, you need to make certain thing ahead and let them dry and it takes a lot of time to put everything together. Good for sticking to your guns! icon_smile.gifthumbs_up.gif

TheBlonde Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TheBlonde Posted 29 Jul 2009 , 9:56pm
post #3 of 4

I'm actually doing one for the 15th for $60. I didn't think about the price long enough before telling the woman. I should be charging at least $125 if not more.

Makeitmemorable Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Makeitmemorable Posted 30 Jul 2009 , 1:09pm
post #4 of 4

For $50.00 tell her she can have a sand castle - people just don't realise how much time and effort goes into those sort of cakes - if you made a lame castle for $50.00 she would not be happy about the quality and if you made a great castle for $200.00 she wouldn't be happy about the price - don't waste your time!

Cheers from Oz,

Kim cowboy.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%