Cutters?

Decorating By LittleLamb2 Updated 28 Jul 2009 , 10:09pm by cherrycakes

LittleLamb2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LittleLamb2 Posted 28 Jul 2009 , 1:45am
post #1 of 10

I wanted to order the large teardrop cutters from Lindy Smith but Global Sugar Art is out of stock and won't get them until after I need them. I found some dewdrop cutters by Stephen Benison. Do you think they will work? Could I straighten them out and cut a little off to get them to the right size? I tried to post picks of both cutters but can't get it to work. They are both on GSA website.

http://www.globalsugarart.com/product.php?id=18886

http://www.globalsugarart.com/product.php?id=20236

9 replies
peg818 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
peg818 Posted 28 Jul 2009 , 11:49am
post #2 of 10

I would search another site. Or could you use regular rose petal cutters and alter those slightly. Free hand maybe or make your own cutters.

ninatat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ninatat Posted 28 Jul 2009 , 2:46pm
post #3 of 10

hi, try going to the henna page so many of these shapes are used in henna they have a page of patterns you can print it and enlarge them. it's like making a fat comma, hope this helps

LittleLamb2 Posted 28 Jul 2009 , 3:44pm
post #4 of 10

Thanks, I will try those ideas out and see what works best. Peg, how do you make your own cutters? I was wondering if this was possible. Thanks for your help

drakegore Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
drakegore Posted 28 Jul 2009 , 4:16pm
post #5 of 10

ninatat,
is there a specific henna website you are referring to?
i love the idea and would like to find what you mention icon_smile.gif.
diane

peg818 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
peg818 Posted 28 Jul 2009 , 5:13pm
post #6 of 10

here is a link about making your own cutters http://whatscookingamerica.net/PegW/CookieCutters.htm

just wanted to add that this is a link i picked up off the net. I haven't actually done these yet.

LittleLamb2 Posted 28 Jul 2009 , 5:33pm
post #7 of 10

Thank you so much peg!! I'm definitely going to try this. I can't wait to go to the hardware or craft store. Thanks again. You've saved me time, money and stress.

lilym Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LittleLamb2 Posted 28 Jul 2009 , 7:58pm
post #9 of 10

Thanks lilym. I looked into that too. I just wasn't sure if it would get here before I need it and if I was willing to pay extra for quick delivery. Since I already have things to order from GSA is was hoping to find something comparable there. Maybe if I'm desperate I will still order them there. Thanks for everyones help.

cherrycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cherrycakes Posted 28 Jul 2009 , 10:09pm
post #10 of 10

Have you looked into buying them from Lindy Smith's website? I've ordered cake supplies from the UK before and I've received my orders incredibly fast and shipping was actually cheaper than buying from the US.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%