More Questions About Tuxedo Strawberries

Decorating By penster1 Updated 28 Jul 2009 , 3:30pm by penster1

penster1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
penster1 Posted 27 Jul 2009 , 9:42pm
post #1 of 5

I did a test run on my tuxedo strawberries this weekend. They held up for about 8 hours before they began to sweat; not a lot, but the chocolate never really hardened well, it was like eating a candy bar that had set in the sun to long, not melted, but to soft for my taste. Is there a way to avoid this? You all say not to refrigerate, so now what? Paraffin in the chocolate, and if so how much?

4 replies
mommicakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommicakes Posted 27 Jul 2009 , 11:08pm
post #2 of 5

This is a good question, I don't know the correct answer, so I will be watching too.

PinkZiab Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PinkZiab Posted 28 Jul 2009 , 1:08am
post #3 of 5

Are you using candy melts or real chocolate? If you're using candy melts, then it just may have been too warm for them to set up fully. If you're using real chocolate, it was likely not tempered properly.

Rylan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rylan Posted 28 Jul 2009 , 3:02am
post #4 of 5

It sounds like it wasn't tempered just like Tara says. Try using candy melts, that way there is no need for tempering.

penster1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
penster1 Posted 28 Jul 2009 , 3:30pm
post #5 of 5

No, I was using candy melts and although the weather here is rather warm I dipped them in the morning while the house was still cool and the white chocolate coat hardened somewhat but the dark chocolate never did.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%