I Went To A Wedding And......

Lounge By lovescakes Updated 29 Jul 2009 , 4:30pm by Cheyanne25

lovescakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lovescakes Posted 27 Jul 2009 , 3:53pm
post #1 of 5

when I walked into the reception hall I couldn't help to notice how simple and "cheap" looking was everything, the center pieces etc...just very plane,
so I expected the cake to be a real cheap ugly cake, but my God! to my surprise the cake was absolutely AMAZING just beautiful and professional looking....one entire tier was cover with gum paste flowers and each cost $50.00 I was told.
It's nice to see when people appreciate the art of cake decorating, but it makes me wonder how can you have a expensive looking cake and such a cheap looking center pieces....
(maybe it was a gift)

4 replies
indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 27 Jul 2009 , 4:28pm
post #2 of 5

IT's like I tell all of my brides. Decide what's important to you and put your focus and money there. If the dress is more important, then she should move her money around, like having a salad bar lunch instead of a plated dinner.

I have a bride who is having no flowers what-so-ever at her wedding. But when faced with paying $130, or $250, or $350 for her cake, she bought my $350 cake. Because the cake was important to her. Flowers are not.

Evidently this bride thought the cake was more important than some table decorations.

I say she has her priorities right! thumbs_up.gif

cindy1176 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cindy1176 Posted 27 Jul 2009 , 4:42pm
post #3 of 5

Well said indydebi!

MichelleM77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MichelleM77 Posted 29 Jul 2009 , 4:06pm
post #4 of 5

Exactly. My cake ended up costing more than my dress. Something I was going to eat was more important than the dress I was going to wear once. We spent a significant amount on the food and people are still talking about it seven years later. It's all about what's important to you and what is a priority. I used the hotel's table centerpieces and candles because it wasn't that important and they were included, though at first I wanted to spend a lot of money doing something different myself. Free outweighed different in this case. No one noticed, they were too busy eating the delicious food!

Cheyanne25 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cheyanne25 Posted 29 Jul 2009 , 4:30pm
post #5 of 5

I'm getting married in September and my hubby to be and I decided what we cared about and went as simple as we could on the rest.

I ordered my dress off ebay! It's technically a destination wedding dress, so it's nice and simple, and doesn't weigh 500 lb.

We went with a uber cheap venue; and we got half off the already cheap price because hubby to be's grandparents are members.

But I completly splurged on my centerpieces because there is a decorator in town who does the most artistic floral centerpieces, and I fell in love with them. Since we had saved everywhere else I got to have them!

And of course I'm making the cake myself! There's going to be lots of high grade chocolate in that baby. I'm using it to replace the dessert, because I KNOW that cake is going to taste good, and it saves some more money.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%