How To Make Colored Glaze For Castle Mold (Bundt) Cake

Decorating By anjaligg Updated 27 Jul 2009 , 4:58pm by brincess_b

anjaligg Posted 27 Jul 2009 , 3:56am
post #1 of 4

I have a castle bundt (nordicware) pan that I wanted to use. Since you can't decorate it with buttercream, my question is can you somehow have a even colored glaze over the whole cake. I was wondering if I could dip the cake in the glaze somehow. I wanted to put this cake on top of a square cake. Any ideas are welcome. Thanks.

3 replies
Charmed Posted 27 Jul 2009 , 3:08pm
post #2 of 4

you can glaze it with melted chocolate.

anjaligg Posted 27 Jul 2009 , 4:42pm
post #3 of 4

can I pour melted chocolate over it? Should I dip it instead?

brincess_b Posted 27 Jul 2009 , 4:58pm
post #4 of 4

i wouldnt fancy dipping a cake that size, id take the pouring approach.
you could alo use glace icing, or royal. i think youd need to keep a careful eye on it to make sure the coating doesnt pool anywhere too.

Quote by @%username% on %date%