Who Is Watching The Sesame Street Challenge?

Decorating By Rylan Updated 27 Jul 2009 , 7:12pm by cylstrial

Rylan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rylan Posted 27 Jul 2009 , 12:07am
post #1 of 16

Which did you like?

15 replies
Kimmers971 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kimmers971 Posted 27 Jul 2009 , 12:32am
post #2 of 16

Can't say yet, it's only half way through. I feel bad for Lauren's assistant with that sugar burn icon_sad.gif

Sox-n-Pats Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sox-n-Pats Posted 27 Jul 2009 , 12:57am
post #3 of 16

I'm watching it at 6:00. I always forget that HDfood network has the shows on an hour earlier...

Is that how you watched it Rylan??? icon_smile.gif

Kimmers971 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kimmers971 Posted 27 Jul 2009 , 12:59am
post #4 of 16

Still hard to say, they are all too cute! I think I'd have to go for Cookie Monster even though Big Bird won. They all did a great job - flaws and all!

Sox-n-Pats Posted 27 Jul 2009 , 1:02am
post #5 of 16

scratch that.

They're showing the Disney classics again!! UGH!!

Kiki74 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiki74 Posted 27 Jul 2009 , 1:03am
post #6 of 16

I loved this challenge. I thought all the cakes were just amazing! Oscar is usually my favorite character but I loved the cookie monster cake. I'm curious though, what other technique could they have used for the fur?

asmith Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
asmith Posted 27 Jul 2009 , 1:56am
post #7 of 16

Sox-n-pats, my description was for Disney but they actually showed Sesame St. Might want to catch a later viewing if you can.

sugarshack Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarshack Posted 27 Jul 2009 , 2:38am
post #8 of 16

I was pulling for Lauren cuz I thought her cake had the most personality, the most creative and her characters were wonderful.
I did not hold the torn table cloth against her cuz of the injury.

A perfectly executed cake should not automatically mean a win, IMO.

That being said, all 4 of them were frikkin awesome.!!

kokopuff Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kokopuff Posted 27 Jul 2009 , 3:26am
post #9 of 16

I saw it and thought they were all great! I especially liked the elmo cake with the kerry vincent puppet.

Sox-n-Pats Posted 27 Jul 2009 , 3:41am
post #10 of 16

on the regular channel my description was for Disney as well, then low and behold- Disney came on too. On the HD channel it came on Sesame St. (but it was just about over so I switched as not to see too much).

All the later episodes tonight show Disney as well, so I have to keep checking back. But Sunday night is True Blood and Hung on HBO- so alas- Food network is on the back burner for a while. icon_smile.gif

Rylan Posted 27 Jul 2009 , 5:09am
post #11 of 16

I have to say that Lauren's was really nice although I love the overall execution from Mike's cake.

susanscakecreations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
susanscakecreations Posted 27 Jul 2009 , 3:12pm
post #12 of 16

I wanted Lauren to win, just because hers had more depth and character to it......and besides, Mike Mcarey always wins....LOL!!! Don't get me wrong, I love Mike and his work, but I thought with all Lauren and her assistant went through, (poor girl!) and the degree of work she did, she should have won! Just my opinion, though!
They were all outstanding, though!!!!

Rylan Posted 27 Jul 2009 , 5:53pm
post #13 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sox-n-Pats

I'm watching it at 6:00. I always forget that HDfood network has the shows on an hour earlier...

Is that how you watched it Rylan??? icon_smile.gif

I watched it on the Food Network Channel at 8. Do you have Cox cable and what channel is the HD one?

pattigunter Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pattigunter Posted 27 Jul 2009 , 6:38pm
post #14 of 16

I too wanted Lauren to win. I just knew that when Mike forgot a set of eyelashes and made up a new character that he would be doomed. I thought lauren should have won simply on her stress level - not to mention her absolutely awsome cake!

tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 27 Jul 2009 , 6:55pm
post #15 of 16

HD Food Network on Cox is channel 775 here but I'm sure it's different where you are.

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 27 Jul 2009 , 7:12pm
post #16 of 16

I wanted Lauren to win as well! Her's was just soo cute and good! Plus - her asst really stayed and played the game after her accident. How many people would do that? I mean her hand is the main thing you use in cake decorating.

I really thought that everyone had amazing cakes this time. There is usually one that you know just won't be winning...

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%