Marketing Your Business

Business By PartyCake Updated 27 Jul 2009 , 4:06am by PartyCake

PartyCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PartyCake Posted 26 Jul 2009 , 9:13pm
post #1 of 6

Something for everyone to keep in mind for next 4th of July or possibly even for your towns Homecoming Parade, etc. is to enter your business in the parade and build a float. I just came back from our second parade entry with our 7 ft. tall cake float and it was a huge hit. I handed out flyers with suckers for the kids attached to them to promote my Grand Opening. I will check my website in a week to see how many people look at the website but I think the $100 entry fee is worth it. The Parade I entered on 4th of July was free. I think the parades are a very inexpensive way to advertise your business and you can be as creative as you'd like with your float. I built a 4 layer cake with alternative colors with chicken wire. I will have it in my store for photo ops when kids come in so the cake could be used year round. I think the time spent is worht the advertising dollar.

5 replies
mommicakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommicakes Posted 27 Jul 2009 , 12:02am
post #2 of 6

That sounds awesome. I had a wedding on this 4th of July, otherwise I would have entered a float in our parade this year. I will make sure that next year I am not working on the 4th. icon_lol.gif

You need to post a picture or make it your avatar so we all can see it.

I am already thinking of next year.

PartyCake Posted 27 Jul 2009 , 12:39am
post #3 of 6

I've tried several times to upload a photo of the cake but even though the pixels are less than 110 x 110 I guess the KB are more than allowed. How do I fix this? By the way, the cake was made with vinyl tablecloths from a Party Store and I cut strips out. I tried 4 different techniques on the cake and the last technique was the easiest so if you want to make a float, let me know and I will explain the best way so the cake doesn't blow away when driving the car in the parade.

mommicakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommicakes Posted 27 Jul 2009 , 1:51am
post #4 of 6

I just checked out your website, is that it on the location page? That is pretty cool. I really like your showroom. Nice job.

I'll try to answer your picture question.

Do you have any photo editing software? I use "photoscape", there should be a place where you can do resizing on it, if you resize to 600 px it should work. (hopefully) icon_biggrin.gif

sari66 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sari66 Posted 27 Jul 2009 , 2:37am
post #5 of 6

That is a terrific cake! Have a smashing opening!

PartyCake Posted 27 Jul 2009 , 4:06am
post #6 of 6

I tried to resize the photo several times but it still says it's too large. In any case, that is a photo of the cake on my website. I hope the kids will enjoy taking their photo in front of it.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%