Only Have 1/2 Of Stand Up Lion Cub Pan Need Help Fast!

Decorating By Brendabeeper Updated 27 Jul 2009 , 12:29am by Brendabeeper

Brendabeeper Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Brendabeeper Posted 25 Jul 2009 , 8:05pm
post #1 of 9

I am making a lion cub cake for a friends daughter. I hunted on the Ebay and found one....oops I must have been doing this with no sleep.. because it was only the FRONT of the pan. I didnt have time to re-bid on a complete set and I really am not good enough for sculpting yet. I was wondering anyone else ever had this issue? I currently have in the oven NOW the front half but am not sure it will work. The lion cub I filled 3/4 full and am SERIOUSLY PRAYING that when it rises that it will spread to the ears and give me something there to work with ( the face is deep but the ears are shallow and so there is no batter on the ears now. ) it would have burned. If it fails I can try to do some ( cut up cake for fill in or some cardboard or fondant ears . .... ANYONE else ever have a issue like this or am I the only crazy lady?

8 replies
Deb_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Deb_ Posted 25 Jul 2009 , 8:13pm
post #2 of 9

How many cups of batter did you use and how many did it call for?

You could just bake 2 of the front and cut off the nose (not familiar with this pan, but could you make the front look like the back?) I mean once the icing is on it you could just decorate it to look like the back of the lion.

Deb_ Posted 25 Jul 2009 , 8:20pm
post #3 of 9

Wanted to add..........do you have any batter left over? You could always add the batter to the ear cavities say the last 10 to 15 minutes of baking so that they won't burn.

If not, you could use scraps, RKT, or just build them up with icing or fondant.

Brendabeeper Posted 25 Jul 2009 , 8:33pm
post #4 of 9

Thanks Dkelly by the time I posted this it is not filling in the ears I think I will try to fill in the ears and bake for a small amount of time like you suggested since I have extra batter! What an idea ,...I didn't think of it. Thanks. Wish me luck, I will post a photo when I am all done. May be hours from now, have do work around my son's schedule....I am sure you know what I mean.. Thanks again

Deb_ Posted 25 Jul 2009 , 9:21pm
post #5 of 9

Happy to help! I look forward to seeing the finished project, I'm sure it will look great!

Good luck!

Brendabeeper Posted 26 Jul 2009 , 11:52pm
post #6 of 9

ok so here is the finished project. Filling in the ears with batter and baking for 10 min didnt work but it was worth a try. I ended up making mini cupcakes and using part of them for the ears .

Brendabeeper Posted 26 Jul 2009 , 11:53pm
post #7 of 9

ok so here is the finished project. Filling in the ears with batter and baking for 10 min didnt work but it was worth a try. I ended up making mini cupcakes and using part of them for the ears .

Deb_ Posted 27 Jul 2009 , 12:16am
post #8 of 9

Oh that came out really cute. Now I understand what you were doing, I thought it was going to be a 3d stand up type of thing.

I'm happy for you that it all worked out, it's adorable...great job!

Brendabeeper Posted 27 Jul 2009 , 12:29am
post #9 of 9

Thank you , originally I had wanted a standup 3d, but since I only had the front I ended up for this view instead. Thanks again for your help and suggestions !

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%