Rice Crispies!! What?!?!?!?

Decorating By like-a-fat-kid-loves-cake Updated 24 Jul 2009 , 9:15pm by JanH

like-a-fat-kid-loves-cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
like-a-fat-kid-loves-cake Posted 24 Jul 2009 , 7:23pm
post #1 of 7

I know thiis sounds like a question that I should know, but what are Rice Crispies? Not in the sence of the cereal obviously but i keep looking at cakes that say that certain parts are made with rice crispies!! HOW i am still newish to cake decorating so sorry if this sounds silly but i would really appreciate any help.
Thank you
xxxx icon_biggrin.gif

6 replies
CanadianCakin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CanadianCakin Posted 24 Jul 2009 , 7:28pm
post #2 of 7

it's molded rice krispi treats.....when yu make them and the mm has hardened they are fantastic for molding!

HTH!

Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 24 Jul 2009 , 7:29pm
post #3 of 7

Rice crispies treats are made out of marshmallows, butter and the cereal. They're a common snack for kids here and they even sell premade ones. Anyhow, rice crispie treats can be molded into different shapes so some people use them for some sections of a 3D cake because they aren't very heavy and can be covered with fondant.

CanadianCakin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CanadianCakin Posted 24 Jul 2009 , 7:32pm
post #4 of 7

ohh haha sorry about all the typos! I was trying to type and hold my squirmy 9 month old at the same time!

This is what I meant....

it's molded rice krispie treats.....when you make them and the mm hasn't hardened they are fantastic for molding!

LOL

like-a-fat-kid-loves-cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
like-a-fat-kid-loves-cake Posted 24 Jul 2009 , 7:35pm
post #5 of 7

Ahh i see, i dont think we have them in England, well not pre made any way.
Does any one have instructions on how to make them or is it just a throw it all in and hope for the best kind a thing.
xxxx

dutchy1971 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dutchy1971 Posted 24 Jul 2009 , 7:45pm
post #6 of 7

The rice krispy website has a few different recipes. The original one is what people use I believe.

JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 24 Jul 2009 , 9:15pm
post #7 of 7

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%