Ideas For A Wendy's Franchise

Decorating By Larie Updated 28 Jul 2009 , 12:59am by BeeBoos-8599_

Larie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Larie Posted 24 Jul 2009 , 4:55pm
post #1 of 16

I work for a Wendy's franchise and we are having an appreciation meeting next week. I want to make a cake for all of our restaurants that have had a $1000 sales hour. I am completely stumped. There are about 25 that have hit this milestone and it woul need to fee about 60.

15 replies
underthesun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
underthesun Posted 24 Jul 2009 , 6:06pm
post #2 of 16

How about a hamburger. Search the gallery under "hamburger" "themed-3D-food". Great photos. You could add more cake by doing a second cake replicating the Wendy's sack using a square cake and white fondant and paint the logo on with gel color mixed with vodka or lemon extract. The sack could even be on it's side with hamburger next to it. Or something like that.

Or a tiered cake with mini gumpaste wendy's products around it, like french fries, hamburger, frosty, ect.... and even "Wendy" herself on top.

or.. a lot of work... but round fondant cake painted like the Wendy's hamburger wrapping. Sorry, the planning is the fun part to me and working at Wendy's helped pay my way through college - I have a soft spot. icon_biggrin.gif

Larie Posted 24 Jul 2009 , 6:48pm
post #3 of 16

thanks underthe sun! Great Ideas. Any suggestions for incorporating that the individual restaurants had $1000 sales hours?, I really want to incorporate that somehow...

Larie Posted 24 Jul 2009 , 6:50pm
post #4 of 16

thanks underthe sun! Great Ideas. Any suggestions for incorporating that the individual restaurants had $1000 sales hours?, I really want to incorporate that somehow...

underthesun Posted 24 Jul 2009 , 8:08pm
post #5 of 16

Hopefully, someone will jump on soon and come up with something other than what I can think of. Right off hand, instead of stars on wire like you see as toppers on many cakes, how about little dollar bills on wire coming out of the top. Or maybe a plaque with "congratulations on over the top sale...." or something. Or as a topper, stars on wire with each of their names on the stars and little dollar bills. Something along those lines.

There's got to be a creative CCer out there with other ideas! Where are you all?

underthesun Posted 24 Jul 2009 , 8:21pm
post #6 of 16

Maybe tell us what your vision is, tiered, carved, more business like, fun, what do you think you're up for and how much time you have to spend. Others might be able to help with details if you have an idea brewing already. When I'm drawing a blank, I like to go through the gallery, pull 6 or so pics onto a word doc and then decide how I could incorporate what I like most about each of them. icon_smile.gif

Larie Posted 24 Jul 2009 , 9:23pm
post #7 of 16

well honestly, I had no vision. The only thing I know I want to do is have some sort of way to acknowledge the individiual stores. I can do most anything. I think a carved burger would be cool, but I am not sureI could do one big wnough to feed 60. I could add the bag, but then how to incorporate the individual stores... I like the stars dollar bills idea..

Larie Posted 24 Jul 2009 , 9:26pm
post #8 of 16

well honestly, I had no vision. The only thing I know I want to do is have some sort of way to acknowledge the individiual stores. I can do most anything. I think a carved burger would be cool, but I am not sureI could do one big wnough to feed 60. I could add the bag, but then how to incorporate the individual stores... I like the stars dollar bills idea..

__Jamie__ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
__Jamie__ Posted 24 Jul 2009 , 9:28pm
post #9 of 16

God help me.....I am envisioning gigantic sugar cookie french fries smothered in sanding sugar salt.........((ok, going to mop up the drool now)) icon_biggrin.gif

erinalicia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
erinalicia Posted 24 Jul 2009 , 11:13pm
post #10 of 16

are you meaning like the store #'s that you are wanting to incorporate? If you like the stars idea you could put the store # on a star. That's a lot of stars, but that's one idea... or you could make a receipt out of fondant and list the store numbers on it. The burger and fries would be an awesome idea. make the cake board look like a tray... You could easily make it large enough to feed 60... what about making a Frosty too? YUM... okay, I'm hungry now! icon_smile.gif You could make that out of cake and wrap fondant around it for the cup.

Good luck!

underthesun Posted 25 Jul 2009 , 11:59am
post #11 of 16

okay.... I had one more thought after looking at the wendy's logo below.

http://www.graphicdesignblog.org/images/Red-Yellow-Logos/wendys_logo-1.jpg

10" round bottom white fondant with "Wendy's blue stripes" spaced about 1" apart, only up to bottom of second tier of an 8" solid "Wendy's red" round. Where the stripes stop, at bottom of 8", add little blue bows that match the ones in Wendy's hair. On top of red 8" add lots of small blue stars with larger stars with each of the top sellers names on them. If red 8" is too boring, add the little dollar bills or more blue stars on sides.

Or something like that. Just a thought of something more "business like" or "corporate" than a hamburger.

Larie Posted 26 Jul 2009 , 6:51pm
post #12 of 16

That sounds good. I thought that I might also make the red wig and put it on there as well. I could use the extruder to make the hair and mold into braids, maybe on top..

underthesun Posted 26 Jul 2009 , 8:25pm
post #13 of 16

Be sure to post your pic. Can't wait to see! icon_biggrin.gif

sugarshack Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarshack Posted 26 Jul 2009 , 9:46pm
post #14 of 16

I just want to say that I love Wendy's and I go there every day just about. If one of the $1000 stores is in Mandeville, LA, you can thank me. icon_biggrin.gif

Can't wait to see your cake! thumbs_up.gif

Larie Posted 27 Jul 2009 , 12:11pm
post #15 of 16

well, we'll see. Sometimes I think I am better than what I am and get this great idea and then go to execute and it doesn't quite turn out... icon_rolleyes.gif But I always try. Hopefully It will look like I want.

BeeBoos-8599_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BeeBoos-8599_ Posted 28 Jul 2009 , 12:59am
post #16 of 16

What about doing one of the previous ideas but then adding gumpaste pieces on sticks or wires that pop up away from the cake with the store number and the volume they accomplished? This would actually create a friendly competition between the franchises to be the top producer next year. Start with the top producers on the top tier and work you way down. I like the idea of all of the Wendy's products sitting around the tiers.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%